What's your 1.6 modlist?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Added TE3 to my setup and also ExtraCells for the fluids. Fixed an MPS + TE3 issue by inserting the general section and a setting into my powersuits.cfg . However, I had to drop ExtraUtils for the time being. List is currently:

[1.6.2] Doggy Talents - v1.4.0.zip
[1.6.4]bspkrsCorev3.05.zip
[1.6.4]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.6.4.r02.Universal.jar
appeng-rv14-finale-mc16x.jar
BattleTowers_1.6.4.zip
BiblioCraft[v1.4.1].zip
binnie-mods-1.8-dev2.jar
buildcraft-A-1.6.2-4.1.2.jar
ChickenChunks 1.3.3.3.jar
CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.6.jar
CoFHCore-2.0.0.b3.jar
ComputerCraft1.56.zip
CraftingSuite-v0.1.8.2.jar
CreeperCollateral-1.6.4-2.2.9.jar
denLib-1.6.4-3.1.35.jar
EnchantingPlus-1.16.5.zip
EnderIO-1.6.4-0.4.4.73.jar
EnderStorage 1.4.3.5.jar
ExtraCells-1.5.6.jar
Factorization-0.8.12.jar
flatsigns-1.6.2-universal-1.4.0.15.jar
forestry-A-2.3.0.7.jar
Hats2.0.2.zip
HatStand2.0.0.zip
industrialcraft-2_2.0.305-experimental.jar
InventoryTweaks-MC1.6.2-1.56-b77.jar
ironchest-universal-1.6.4-5.4.1.618.zip
magicbees-2.1.7.jar
MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.2-143.jar
ModularPowersuits-1.6.2-0.8.0-44.jar
mystcraft-uni-1.6.4-0.10.11.00.zip
Natura_1.6.2_2.1.9.jar
neiaddons-1.6.2-1.9.3.r47.jar
NEIPlugins-1.1.0.4.jar
NetherOres-2.2.1-14.jar
NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.5.jar
Numina-1.6.2-0.0.1-32.jar
obsidiplates-1.6.2-universal-2.0.0.15.jar
PluginsforForestry-1.6.4-3.2.28.jar
PowerCrystalsCore-1.1.8-9.jar
Railcraft_1.6.2-8.2.0.0.jar
Ruins_1.6.4.zip
slick-util.jar
StevesCarts2.0.0.a134.zip
TConstruct_1.6.4_1.5.1d6.jar
Thaumcraft4.0.4c.zip
ThaumicTinkerer 2.0-26.jar
ThermalExpansion-3.0.0.b3.jar
Translocator 1.1.0.13.jar
twilightforest-1.20.1.jar
UsefulFood-1.6.2_1.4.4.zip
WR-CBE 1.4.0.6.jar

Server is stable and no bugs so far.[DOUBLEPOST=1384977831][/DOUBLEPOST]
Of course. Who doesn't love TE?

Zorn ?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You do like Railcraft, TiC and TE quite a lot, don't you Shneekey?
TE and TiC, yes. Railcraft... I am getting less and less enamored of. But they still have the rails which gave it the name.

Honestly, I'm tempted to try a 'vanilla plus' mod setup with Modular Furnaces, TiCo, Natura, ExtraUtils, Enchanting+, and OpenBlocks. That's it. No tech, no magic, just augmented vanilla mechanics.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
TE and TiC, yes. Railcraft... I am getting less and less enamored of. But they still have the rails which gave it the name.

Honestly, I'm tempted to try a 'vanilla plus' mod setup with Modular Furnaces, TiCo, Natura, ExtraUtils, Enchanting+, and OpenBlocks. That's it. No tech, no magic, just augmented vanilla mechanics.

Don't forget Matmos, Dynamic Lights, MapWriter, SmartMoving and Project Zulu's GUIs or BSPKR's GUIs. Then the one that adds content, Gany's mods. Maybe not this one because of TiC, but Balkon's Weapons is quite vanilla. Mo Creatures might fit, as would Random Things.

Then there's any mod with the word "tweaks" in the title. Inventory Tweaks, Minecraft Tweaks, Mouse Tweaks.

Then, the optional one, Optifine.

I know all of these don't truly fit augment vanilla mechanics and may make to mod list too large, but they add vanilla like things and work for a Vanilla+ pack.

Edit: I feel Project Red deserves a place as well as Multiparts are cool, volcanos and marble caves could still work in vanilla, it has no machines and it expands vanilla red stone really well.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
and if you've a decent computer/laptop and like to play with texturepacks, give shaders a try aswell.
I've started playing with shaders since I started my current 1.6 world, and I love'em to death, the world looks so awesome

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
and if you've a decent computer/laptop and like to play with texturepacks, give shaders a try aswell.
I've started playing with shaders since I started my current 1.6 world, and I love'em to death, the world looks so awesome

I do like shaders. I always have them playing Vanilla, but Optifine and other mods.. I do like the vanilla shader though, even if they don't match the mod ones.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I do like shaders. I always have them playing Vanilla, but Optifine and other mods.. I do like the vanilla shader though, even if they don't match the mod ones.

right now the shaders actually play along pretty nice with the other mods. in an earlier version of optifine for 1.6 there was some incompatibility with shaders, but a shaders developer had released a fix that you could use and it solved the problems.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
right now the shaders actually play along pretty nice with the other mods. in an earlier version of optifine for 1.6 there was some incompatibility with shaders, but a shaders developer had released a fix that you could use and it solved the problems.

It's not the shaders I'm concerned about.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
However Optifine and ChickenChunks don't like each other, and will constantly crash you. Since chunkloading is more important than shiny to me, optifine is going to be the one not included.

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
However Optifine and ChickenChunks don't like each other, and will constantly crash you. Since chunkloading is more important than shiny to me, optifine is going to be the one not included.
I think ChickenChunks is pretty unstable in lastest 1.5/1.6 Branch, I recommend Immibis' Dimensional Anchor instead.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I think ChickenChunks is pretty unstable in lastest 1.5/1.6 Branch, I recommend Immibis' Dimensional Anchor instead.
As long as you don't have Optifine, ChickenChunks is VERY stable. It's Dimensional Anchor which is unstable, not to mention I have an innate objection to passive draw of enderpearls to continue chunkloading.

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
As long as you don't have Optifine, ChickenChunks is VERY stable. It's Dimensional Anchor which is unstable, not to mention I have an innate objection to passive draw of enderpearls to continue chunkloading.
Dimensional Anchor doesn't use Ender Pearls, that is the World Anchor from Railcraft. :p
Strange, I don't have Optifine, but my experience with CC is bad.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Been running chickenchunks both in the Overworld and in a void age for 2 weeks on a server(24/24), it seems perfectly stable.
I had issues in the past with CC and mystcraft ages(and when I say in the past I mean in 1.4.7, agggeeesss ago :p) but nowadays they play very well together.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using chickenchunks and optifine with no problem over here. then again I'm not keeping an eye on the console for any error messages.
however I did had to change the name from the optifine file to make sure Minecraft loads optifine first, plus I'm using a hotfix for Optifine to get the shaders working.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed an exploit on my modpack, using Applied Energistics v13c and IC v2.2.297.
When you macerate one AE quartz crystal you get 2 AE quartz dust, and when you compress 1 AE quartz dust you get 1 AE crystal.

I imagine the problem comes from AE but not sure really.

Also I have an array(~50) of high tier mekanism solar panels in a constantly sunny void age, connected them to Mass Fabricator and bam, killed my tps(around ~180 ms), ouch.
I think the tps kill come from the energy drain emptying the buffer of all the solar panels at once(not helping that I have a dimensional transceiver sending energy to a quarry I imagine), I think I need a buffer to limit the output to the mass fabricator, probably a mfsu(normally it's limited to 512 eu/t but mekanism cable may overwrite that).

edit:
Just FYI, I used an ultimate energy cube to limit the output to the mass fabricator, works fine, no more lag of death :p.
Also quartz duplication issue is gone with latest IC2 exp.

Last edited:

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone found any magic bee Oblivion Frame in treasure chest?
I remember finding loads of those in ftb unleashed but can't find any in my 1.6.4 world(and I've already gone through a bunch of chests).

SpaceClam

Jul 29, 2019
I've made my own custom mod pack but I seem to get crashes quite a lot. I get a crash when I simply open the options menu while in a game, sometimes when I open my inventory, and other times right when I interact with something. Next time it happens I'll post something on pastebin about it and link it here. Anyways my list is as follows and if anyone could help me that'd be great.

http://pastebin.com/JuECFSm6 crashed while fighting zombies

Railcraft
bspkrsCore
TreeCapiatator
Ars Magica 2
Applied energistics
bibliocraft
binnie mods - Extra bees & Trees
biomesOplenty
buildcraft
carpenter's blocks
chicken chunks