Whats this error mean?

Defiancey

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to help a buddy get on and play on my server but it keeps giving him some error. I had him uninstall java and reinstall it. He deleted his ftb launcher from appdata and such. I know this isnt the proper way about going about errors. But im just curious if someone knows off hand what it specifically means.

From Console: java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
From Console: at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
From Console: at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source)
From Console: at net.ftb.tools.ModManager.upToDate(ModManager.java:266)
From Console: at net.ftb.tools.ModManager.access$000(ModManager.java:56)
From Console: at net.ftb.tools.ModManager$ModManagerWorker.doInBackground(ModManager.java:71)
From Console: at net.ftb.tools.ModManager$ModManagerWorker.doInBackground(ModManager.java:67)
From Console: at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
dirs mk'd
From Console: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft FTB\versions\1.6.4\1.6.4.json (The system cannot find the path specified)
From Console: at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
From Console: at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
From Console: at net.ftb.util.DownloadUtils.downloadToFile(DownloadUtils.java:137)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.gatherAssets(LaunchFrame.java:984)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.setupNewStyle(LaunchFrame.java:714)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.runGameUpdater(LaunchFrame.java:654)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.access$600(LaunchFrame.java:128)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame$13.done(LaunchFrame.java:616)
From Console: at javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at javax.swi

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
From Console: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft FTB\versions\1.6.4\1.6.4.json (The system cannot find the path specified)

He is trying to install the mod packs and launcher into the Program Files folder. Windows will not allow him to. Have him move the 'Minecraft FTB' folder to his desktop and change the 'Install folder...' to that path in the Options tab. So if he was named user on the computer it would be this in the 'Install folder...' C:\users\user\Desktop\Minecraft FTB\

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
He is trying to install the mod packs and launcher into the Program Files folder. Windows will not allow him to. Have him move the 'Minecraft FTB' folder to his desktop and change the 'Install folder...' to that path in the Options tab. So if he was named user on the computer it would be this in the 'Install folder...' C:\users\user\Desktop\Minecraft FTB\
I feel you're being a bit sexist, assuming Java's gender.

Sorry for being unproductive.

Last edited:

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
I feel you're being a bit sexist, assuming Java's gender.

Sorry for being unproductive.
Im trying to help a buddy get on and play on my server but it keeps giving him some error. I had him uninstall java and reinstall it. He deleted his ftb launcher from appdata and such. I know this isnt the proper way about going about errors. But im just curious if someone knows off hand what it specifically means.

What are you talking about? Check the first post again. I did not assume the friends gender. Edit: I also made no reference to the gender of the programming language or of the OS.

Last edited:

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
What are you talking about? Check the first post again. I did not assume the friends gender.
Thought you were referring to java as "him", not the friend; like saying java is trying to install the mod packs and windows isn't letting java. I was just joking around :)

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Its not that I do not have a sense of humor. I just find those posts, edit: joke posts, out of place in a help thread. If we were in say the OT or General Discussion forum I would have got the joke.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Its not that I do not have a sense of humor. I just find those posts out of place in a help thread. If we were in say the OT or General Discussion forum I would have got the joke.
Sorry about that, I felt that it would be ok though since the problem was pretty simple, and I'm tired so my judgements off. It really wouldn't have been funny anyway.