What's the fastest way to get XP ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 setups:
- 1 with 20 Industrial Apiaries with Edenic Bees (that give you the Explorer effect, which gives you XP) and 10 Bee Collector's Jars that can hold an aditional 10 Edenic bees;
- the second with an XP shower made up of 2 Autonomous Activators supplied with Essence berries (Tinker's Construct). I currently have 385.000 of them.
Both setups are pretty slow, I THINK I can get 300 levels in 2+ hours with either of them (they're both about as fast). Is there a better way to get XP (INTO MY PLAYER) ? I'm playing 1.6.4, but I'd like to hear suggestions for 1.7.10 as well. I heard there's an XP obelisk from Ender IO, is that fast ?
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 setups:
- 1 with 20 Industrial Apiaries with Edenic Bees (that give you the Explorer effect, which gives you XP) and 10 Bee Collector's Jars that can hold an aditional 10 Edenic bees;
- the second with an XP shower made up of 2 Autonomous Activators supplied with Essence berries (Tinker's Construct). I currently have 385.000 of them.
Both setups are pretty slow, I THINK I can get 300 levels in 2+ hours with either of them (they're both about as fast). Is there a better way to get XP (INTO MY PLAYER) ? I'm playing 1.6.4, but I'd like to hear suggestions for 1.7.10 as well. I heard there's an XP obelisk from Ender IO, is that fast ?
View attachment 22250
View attachment 22252
View attachment 22254
View attachment 22255
I think OpenBlocks has an XP Shower. You can also right click on OB tanks with liquid XP on them to get 1 level for each click. :)

Reactions: adamich

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just out of curiosity: why do you want to get 300 levels worth of xp? Are you manually enchanting stuff? You do know that you get diminishing returns on xp the higher the level you are, right? That is why automatic enchanting methods are much more efficient, like the Openblocks setup. It takes your 60 levels for examples and converts it into xp again(liquid xp) and because the tank holding the liquid xp does not suffer from diminishing returns the xp suddenly stretches for MUCH further than 2x30 level enchants.

Reactions: VapourDrive

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity: why do you want to get 300 levels worth of xp? Are you manually enchanting stuff? You do know that you get diminishing returns on xp the higher the level you are, right? That is why automatic enchanting methods are much more efficient, like the Openblocks setup. It takes your 60 levels for examples and converts it into xp again(liquid xp) and because the tank holding the liquid xp does not suffer from diminishing returns the xp suddenly stretches for MUCH further than 2x30 level enchants.
Yes, I know. I just want to know if it's possible

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I would think afk'ing next to a vanilla furnace smelting flakes from RotaryCraft running around 1800C would be faster than either method presented above. Smelting 20 stacks of flakes gets me around 50 levels (starting from 0) and at higher temperatures that would take around one minute since you get close to one operation per tick. You could certainly add more furnaces to boost the speed and you would need a mining setup to keep it supplied with ore but by that is easily done somewhere around mid game with Reika's mods.

Reactions: AndyMASH

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you really want to do it, then multiple OpenBlocks Showers triggered by Pressure plate(s) will do it.

Made a setup using four of them as well as four drains for the reverse process here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ide-collection-etc.42664/page-44#post-1329173

Get the Liquid XP from automated Autonomous activators clicking Essence Berries into a Vacuum Hopper(also shown in link).
I have a setup of my own:
5.png

But damn, I love your builds ! Not a big fan of the texture pack. Of the XP shower neither, while we're on the subject
EDIT: there's a gate in the back stopping the "converter" if the steel tank is full

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I know I've seen levels into the thousands possible. Blizzard Penguin on Youtube was doing it on Dire 1.7, just to see how high he could go.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Setup essence berries Farm with autonomous activator Holding reinforced Watering can together with a lamp of growth
The essence berries Production goes crazy after

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Type1Ninja

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Setup essence berries Farm with autonomous activator Holding reinforced Watering can together with a lamp of growth
The essence berries Production goes crazy after

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk
Or as an alternative Xenos Reliquary Lilypads of fertility.
My problem isn't production, it's administration of the XP to the character

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
My problem isn't production, it's administration of the XP to the character

With respect to that I cannot imagine anything is faster then the experience obelisk from EnderIO. I don't know how much liquid XP it can hold but it all comes out with a single click. It holds at least 150 levels since I have that many in mine right now from smelting RoC flakes as I described above.

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
With respect to that I cannot imagine anything is faster then the experience obelisk from EnderIO. I don't know how much liquid XP it can hold but it all comes out with a single click. It holds at least 150 levels since I have that many in mine right now from smelting RoC flakes as I described above.
Ok, I'll try that in 1.7.10

NinjaEnergy

Jul 29, 2019
Does the pack have rftools? Just get yourself something like a sulfur ore dimension or similar and bring some big area miner tool. Beware of the fps drops from the experience floating around tho. A single swing of my terra-shatterer did bring me from 0 to 97 level if i remember correctly

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
My experience needs were handled by an XU Cursed Earth farm being harvested by MFR Grinders. The result is Mob Essence, which OpenBlocks conveniently oreDic to LiquidXP. I used an MFR Unifier to convert the Essence to LiquidXP as needed. If you wanted it on your player, a XP Shower (or the EnderIO Obelisk) is the easy way.