Whats the best way to store Mj/EU/RF?

Shadowflame919

Jul 29, 2019
I was just playing modded minecraft and was wondering what the best way to store energy is, preferably something cheap to make but holds lots of power. What do you guys use?

C

chbachman

MJ: Thermal Expansion Cells / Mekanism Energy Cubes
EU: MFSU
MJ: Thermal Expansion Cells / Mekanism Energy Cubes

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Best method of storing energy. Cheap. Choose one.
The best methods in modded MC of storing energy have to be the gregtech AESU/IDSU or the Electricraft Auroral battery. Both are stupidly expensive.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I was just playing modded minecraft and was wondering what the best way to store energy is, preferably something cheap to make but holds lots of power. What do you guys use?
What kind of power? If you're talking about RF then the energy cells really aren't that expensive. A nice thing about the Extra Utilities generators is that they hold the RF they generate(up to 500,000 I think).

Speaking of, maybe @Strikingwolf would consider adding energy storage to E-Flux.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I would store my power in the Mekanism Energy Cubes, if I ever wanted to be efficient about it. Usually I just steal Energy Cells from other people, though.

Reactions: chbachman

Shadowflame919

Jul 29, 2019
Im using mekanism to transfer all my power to the desired type so i just need a centre point where i keep all of my power.

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
I would store my power in the Mekanism Energy Cubes, if I ever wanted to be efficient about it. Usually I just steal Energy Cells from other people, though.
Yeah. I may have taken a full Resonant Energy Cell from you. Not that we really need it ;)

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Tanks of lava. Railcraft's Iron Tanks will do - they have geometric progression of capacity/materials. You can convert energy into lava with TE Magma Crucible, and lava to energy with Magmatic Dynamo.

Reactions: Wagon153

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Tanks of lava. Railcraft's Iron Tanks will do - they have geometric progression of capacity/materials. You can convert energy into lava with TE Magma Crucible, and lava to energy with Magmatic Dynamo.
Along with this, tanks of Buildcraft fuel also work.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Best method of storing energy. Cheap. Choose one.
The best methods in modded MC of storing energy have to be the gregtech AESU/IDSU or the Electricraft Auroral battery. Both are stupidly expensive.
Don't forget the new Electricraft RF Battery. Holds over a trillion RF I think.

Shadowflame919

Jul 29, 2019
Wow that auroral battery holds soooo much energy... 281.5 trillion joules! Im not sure but i think that RF:MJ is 10:1 so thats 28 trillion? Seems to good to be true though

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Wow that auroral battery holds soooo much energy... 281.5 trillion joules! Im not sure but i think that RF:MJ is 10:1 so thats 28 trillion? Seems to good to be true though
That's Rotary Craft joules, not MJ. But it is definitely more then triple a resonant energy cell.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Funniest way to store MJ would be to search a nice little valley and use a floodgate to fill it with fuel.
Perhaps you could build a little village in there first and have the church's bell tower loom over the fuel level.
If ya need that stuff simply pull it out with a pump.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Funniest way to store MJ would be to search a nice little valley and use a floodgate to fill it with fuel.
Perhaps you could build a little village in there first and have the church's bell tower loom over the fuel level.
If ya need that stuff simply pull it out with a pump.

Similar, but way simpler way: Nether. Lava is already there, if ya need that stuff simply pull it out with a pump.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
always thought that best way to store EU energy is a batteries/energy cells and other cells plus charger boxes, and EU converters to RF/MJ[DOUBLEPOST=1411472146][/DOUBLEPOST]U get a large buffer of energy in one barrel/chest

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
TE energy cells, or Mek energy cubes. Duh. They both seem pretty much the same to me except Mek cubes can transfer it to multiple energy types and instantly charge Powersuits. This seems like a silly question to me since you are already using Mekanism, the answer should be obvious.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and I was able to confirm last night: Electricraft RF Battery holds 1.2 Trillion RF. Put in perspective, that's 24,000 resonant energy cells, in one block. Reika also made an unlimited RF cable to go with it.