Whats the best way to store Mj/EU/RF?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
"Best" is very subjective, not only from person to person, but situation to situation.

For direct RF storage, the eIO capacitors are among the most flexible. They aren't the most dense, but if their charge is the same, they stack up to 64 in your inventory and you can put them in any shape/configuration you want. They scale linearly with their storage and the maximum input/output RF/t. Some cool builds are possible with these.

For an interesting industrial build setup, we have a good amount of our base power "on-demand" stored as steam in a huge tank. We can draw from the steam reservoir using any of:
  • GT Steam Turbine (for GT power)
  • RC Steam Turbine (for IC2 power)
  • RC Industrial Steam Engine (for MJ power)
  • BigReactors Steam Turbine (for RF power)
Yes, we have 4 different power systems in our world. And, amazingly, no TE (for a change).

Behind the steam, we have reservoirs of fuel, methane, lava, and charcoal into various boilers / engine to make steam. RF, IC2, or GT power directly. We didn't setup biofuel (ethanol) this world and we're not nuclear yet :)

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Similar, but way simpler way: Nether. Lava is already there, if ya need that stuff simply pull it out with a pump.
True enough, but simply extracting a naturally occurring resource is far less evil than filling a beautiful valley and submerging a village in delicious fuel.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
True enough, but simply extracting a naturally occurring resource is far less evil than filling a beautiful valley and submerging a village in delicious fuel.
I'd prefer oil with the config option for oil to catch fire on.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
If you want the most energy in a block- Gtech plasma, in a cell into a MFR D.S.U.

8,192,000Eu per Bucket/Cell
2 Billion storage capacity.

~16,000,000,000,000,000 Eu per block.

Otherwise just under 16k Electricraft batteries- any ideas for 16 quadrillion Eu?

Edit
- I think DSUs can be picked up as an item- so how many full ones can you put into an ME drive?

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
If you want the most energy in a block- Gtech plasma, in a cell into a MFR D.S.U.

8,192,000Eu per Bucket/Cell
2 Billion storage capacity.

~16,000,000,000,000,000 Eu per block.

Otherwise just under 16k Electricraft batteries- any ideas for 16 quadrillion Eu?

Edit
- I think DSUs can be picked up as an item- so how many full ones can you put into an ME drive?
Well. If we're putting things in DSU's. Fill that DSU with Electricraft RF batteries.

1,200,000,000,000RF x 2,000,000,000 = 2.4 x 10^21