What's the best way to start with Ars Magica?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
what I did was go into some of their buildings and get a few spell sheets and then made my desk so that I could have a decent start. Once I did that it was fairly easy but you can always through different patterns of the stones together. I never got one but I did try it a couple of times.

Reactions: Goggles998

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I really have no idea where to begin.

Make a fabricator based off a reed farm or cobblegen and get infinite stuff. It's really easy to have infinite everything within a few hours. Get to the nether, get what you need for magic chalk, then make fabricators. Do not delay.

High-speed essence loops are your next natural evolution. One of the best we discovered was fabricating bricks, running them through a pulverizer (fed by a stirling engine using fabricated charcoal, naturally) to make cracked bricks, then feed the cracked bricks back in. You'll max things out fast even with the updates to cause fabricators to have brutal deficit.

Reactions: Goggles998

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Make a fabricator based off a reed farm or cobblegen and get infinite stuff. It's really easy to have infinite everything within a few hours. Get to the nether, get what you need for magic chalk, then make fabricators. Do not delay.

High-speed essence loops are your next natural evolution. One of the best we discovered was fabricating bricks, running them through a pulverizer (fed by a stirling engine using fabricated charcoal, naturally) to make cracked bricks, then feed the cracked bricks back in. You'll max things out fast even with the updates to cause fabricators to have brutal deficit.

You just gotta stick three crystal pillars at each.

Another nice loop which is actually inside ars itself, white wool = cheap, dyes = cheap, colored wool = costs a lot.