Whats the best thing to make to power matter fabricator?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

LightKnight

Jul 29, 2019
thermal generators array ? having 22 of them with constant lava will give you more than 512eu/t ( pumping lava out of the nether )

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
thermal generators array ? having 22 of them with constant lava will give you more than 512eu/t ( pumping lava out of the nether )

Another common way of producing Lava I've seen is with Magma Crucibles full of Netherrack powering Electrical Engines or Magmatic Engines.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Steves Carts give a substantially higher yield with less maintenance needed. And looks infinitely cooler (which to me is more important.)
And then there is Minefactory Reloaded, which is even faster, needs virtually no maintenance, has insanely good yield per farm(even more so when you use good trees), but isn't as good looking. For me, good looking but feeble means feeble. Kind of why http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tribunal:Ilnori_Faustus]IllnoriFaustus is a man who is Too Stupid to Live.
Also I wish I could use the straight code editor but still also have the BBCode buttons for when I forget specific sections of BBCode.
Also also I had a idea for a Drunken LP and I'm going to do it. Yay Mead!

EDIT: Ugh, I need to set my account to default to the raw code editor. the Rich Text Editor keeps fucking up my tags, and always tries to fuck up my URL tags.

Reactions: Whovian

ultradolp

Jul 29, 2019
Since each max size boiler provides you around 300 EU/t using power converter (if you have, else just go for steam turbine/magma+thermal gen) having around 8 of them will be enough for most of the tasks. They are only heavy on iron which can be readily obtained from ind. grinder/ ind. blast furnace (with carbonate cell)

The lightning rod is best built at the bedrock level. Because chance of it hit by lightning is measured by the length of iron fence from the lightning rod to the sky, so building all the way from bedrock to 256 will be best.

Nuclear reactor is also great as you will probably have some uranium/plutonium/thorium on hand now. They provide a lot EU even with smallest design. With some investment you can get efficient nuclear reactor. Mark I will be completely safe for usage.

And you may probably want to invest your first few uu-matter for hybrid solar to further boost your output.

Jerome Asich

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried using a variety of methods to produce UU-matter.

Using lava pumped through the nether into an ender tank which powers as many thermal generators as you want is by far the most non-uu matter costly method. I had above two stacks of thermal generators being powered by one pump in the nether, which was fed energy by blaze rods sent to generators by an enderchest which powered 3 electrical engines. The generators can't even consume all the lava pumped out... You have to relocate the pump once every 18 or so hours, but by then you should swap straight over to an array of solars. Start with advanced, and slowly upgrade them to ultimate. Then once you get the supplies, fusion reactor is the end all for power. Nothing competes with a fusion reactor, or four. Four fusion reactors was fun.