What's new in modded minecraft today?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
a small inbetween update from me today. where @Azanor has updated Baubles to 1.7.10
Azanor said:
Baubles 1.0.1.2
  • added a simple way to switch between the normal and baubles inventory. Thanks to Vazkii for the idea and permission to port it to base Baubles.
  • removed the Miners Ring crafting recipe... it is a bit op. I will leave the item in so it is attainable in creative and so it can still serve as an example bauble for devs.
Baubles 1.0.1.1
  • added backwards compatibility for legacy (pre 1.7.10) savefiles
Baubles 1.0.1.0
  • update for MC 1.7.10
  • no requires Forge 10.13.0.1177
  • removed support for legacy save format and moved saving/loading to new forge events

and some of you may remember Minegicka and Minegicka 2. for those people WilliamLe brings to you Minegicka 3
WilliamLe said:
Bc6z0wp.png

Official Minegicka 3 website and dedicated server
http://minegicka.enjin.com

Videos
No videos are available yet, would you be kind and make a spotlight for the mod? I'll be very grateful :D

Download
(Recommend Forge 10.13.0.1180 or higher)
- v1.0.0 for MC 1.7.10: DOWNLOAD

FAQ
What is a(an) / are...?
-Element: Fire or Water or Arcane or whatsoever-image-in-a-circular-frame. Each of them is an element.
-Spell: A spell is a combination of elements, and then cast by using a staff.
-Magick: A Magick is a special combination of elements, and then cast by pressing the "Cast Magick" button.
-Thingy: Originally named "Magical Thing of Nothingness", is the most essential thing used to craft every other thing in Minegicka
-Ice and Steam elements: they are 2 advanced elements, queued by combining Water and Cold or Water and Fire in the queue bar, there is no need to unlock Ice and Steam, they are "unlocked" by default

What are the buttons to cast?
-Right click staff to do a directional cast
-Right click staff while sneaking to do an area cast
-Left click staff to do a self-cast
-Press R to cast magick
-Press R while sneaking to clear the queued elements

How do I get the first Thingy?
-You kill mobs (monsters and animals), the drop chance is approximately 3% chance per killed mob to drop a thingy. Or you can find mages, they usually drop 0-4 thingys,

What is the first thing I should make?
-The freaking Magical Craft Station. From then on you'll hate the vanilla crafting system.

How do I unlock elements?
-Craft the essences, and "eat" them.

How do I unlock Magicks?
-Craft a Magickpedia, it's where you will unlock magicks and understand how they work.

How do I cast a spell?
-Unlock some elements
-Queue the elements
-Make sure you have mana
-Hold a staff
-Right click (normal cast), or sneak-right click (area cast), or left click (self cast)

How do I cast an area spell?
-Sneak why you use a staff

How do I self-cast a spell?
-Left click instead of right click

How do I cast a magick?
-You must have the magick unlocked. Queue the exact element combination and press the "Cast Magick" button, defaulted to the R key.

What are the differences between a spell and a magick?
-A spell is cast by right-clicking / left-clicking a staff.
-A magick is cast by pressing the "Cast Magick" button.
-Every element combination can be cast into a spell, but only a few can be cast into magick.
-For example, Water + Shield cast as Magick will behave differently than Water + Shield cast as a spell. See for yourself.

Cast magick / Clear queue?
-Defaulted to button R. Press it to cast magick, or sneak while pressing the button to clear all the queued elements
-This was implemented as a way to reduce button count from 11 to 9, the other button was "Area cast" button

How do I get hats?
-You can craft them in the crafting station, start with getting some leathers and a thingy.

How do I enchant staves?
-Make a Staff Enchanting Table, either use vanilla crafting or use the Magical Crafting Station.
-Open it, select the staff, pick the ingredient combination, press Enchant, and voila!

Features
Getting started
If you are new to the mod, here are the things you will want to do first.

-Go kill some monsters, if you are lucky they will drop a Thingy, or you can go around a find some mages, strong they are, but there's a much higher chance that you will get the item.
-Craft yourself a Magical Crafting Station, from then on you can craft any item in the mod with a single click! You'll soon hate vanilla crafting
hwrqlqH.png

-Craft some more thingys, craft some sticks, craft a staff, wield it, and viola, you are a wizard now!
-Now you need to unlock elements. Gather the materials and craft the essences, consume them, there you have unlocked your first element!
-You don't stop there, you craft the magickpedia, unlock the magicks, craft better staves, enchant your staff, craft a wizard hat, ready your mind and let's set out to kill Eighty-eight Eight.
Spells: here are some example of the spells available in Minegicka 3, the spells are countless, each combination of elements gives a different spell output
Y9JlzWz.png

aAhYAOe.png
Systems: magical crafting station, staff enchanting table, magickpedia,...
With a few mouse clicks, you'll be crafting stacks of items without having to remember the exact recipe
BsLJgCp.png

Staff enchanting is a powerful system that allows every staff to be as powerful as it can be
fUzARC0.png

There's no way you will remember every magick combination
NuoJYDn.png
Monsters: from the inferior mage to the exquisite Eighty-eight Eight
The stupid mage, who wanders around the land without exact direction.
He who can use several sprays, lightning and beam spells.
aHRJK9d.png

Eighty-eight Eight, 888 health, spawns at y=188 in it's tower located anywhere with (x,z) as (?888, ?888)
Extremely powerful and dangerous, will kill every poor-prepared wizard with a single beam of arcane. Don't even dare to go up there unless you have strong teammates or are well-prepared with supreme spell-power and means of protection
0HeTPVX.png

Changelog
1.0.0 - 27/7/2014
First release

Todo
-Sounds
-Dimension
-And a whole bunch of things

Related links
Official Minegicka 3 website and server: http://minegicka.enjin.com/
My patreon link, I'll be glad if you can support me there: http://www.patreon.com/williamle

License

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard people complain that my 150$ goal shouldn't be there, in all honesty, this is the one that's kinda stupid.
(please don't start a flame war, just stating my opinion)
Oh I agree, but at least his license isn't stupid anymore.

As someone who will never be able to afford college, your $150 milestone is perfectly reasonable.

Zenithselenium

Jul 29, 2019
Professor Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power major performance update + bug fixes!

Code:
ADDITION: Added language support for several languages. (Chinese, German, Portugese)
CHANGE: Complete rewrite of steam system. Does not require server reset, but existing steam
              systems will lose all steam they currently have.
CHANGE: Massive performance increases, especially in SMP
CHANGE: Changed oredict format for plates to “plateSteamcraft”, fixing dupe bug with IC2
CHANGE: Boilers are now more susceptible to catastrophic failure than pipes, consistent with real world.
CHANGE: Tweaked steam tools
CHANGE: Animation sync in SMP improved across the board.
BUGFIX: Steam hammer no longer duplicates items when broken
BUGFIX: Smasher no longer destroys bedrock
BUGFIX: Smasher no longer flickers
BUGFIX: Smasher no longer attempts to smash obsidian, water
BUGFIX: Thumper no longer destroys bedrock
BUGFIX: Pick-block functionality now gives the correct block when used on a running boiler
BUGFIX: Archimedes screw now correctly updates water blocks
BUGFIX: Steam tools no longer break when they run out of steam
BUGFIX: Steam tools mine correct blocks (Axe now mines slabs quickly, etc)
BUGFIX: EnderIO should no longer give smashed nickel when no mod that adds nickel is loaded