What's a good way to get mob essence?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
What I did was use the force wrench to get spawners. Dartcraft is bugged in the version we have right now so any spawners picked up by the wrench will become pig spawners when placed. So I just pick up a bunch of pig spawners and then break them using soul shards to get INFINITE PIGGIES!

Fe2O3

Jul 29, 2019
'normal' mob trap; 20x10 floors, 2 high, with conveyor belts in a | | | | | pattern, flowing mobs down. Grinder at the bottom. Collect essence in big tank near it, have a spawner with easy access for net replacement near it, that feeds the spawned mobs into the mob trap grinder with conveyor belts too.

Oh and I made it in a random mystcraft world consisting of a single island in a void world. Flattened that, and lit it up. Makes the mob tower work like a charm. I'll take a screenshot later today :p

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
(needs an embiggening syringe on a big slime).

Becareful with that. I tried 3 times in 3 different mobtraps and I got many slimes outside the trap :(

What I did was to spawn maze-slimes and let it run for days. Thats gives a bonus in Charm of Keeping I. By crafting CK II and then CK III you can keep your inventory when you die. Now I can die about 1100 times before I need more :D

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Try using a 10x10x6 room (6 blocks tall). 4 MFR grinders, each covering one quarter of the floor. Get two slimes in safari nets (need one reusable), embiggen one of the slimes with a syringe, grab in net again and place in auto spawner. Place second slime infront of grinders, and your essence needs are covered.

The reason for 6 blocks tall is that any higher and ghasts might take off and evade the grinders.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
However, the interaction between Soul Shards and MFR is too strong not to use.

Shards drive the value of drops down to nothing. 1 enderman shard will net you tens of thousands of pearls in a day. An auto spawner with cows in a 20 x 5 area, 4 chronotypers, 4 feed stations, etc. will get you a few thousand a day. IMO much better, it makes drops still worthwhile. I still think 'hmm i need some ender pearls' after making beryllium out of them for neutron reflectors. With shards I never even remembered making beryllium last world, or having to work to make it. More fun for me.