What was your first FTB pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I have been curious about this for a while, for example I ended up playing Unleashed because a friend recommended it to me and so I started to enjoy it and tried other packs.

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
I learned about minecraft from the yogscast and when they did FTB for a bit I started too on Yogcraft, but then I saw the 1.4.7 direwolf20 and thought "Who is direwolf20?" and after that I started with direwolf and a lot of other packs.

C

chbachman

I was making my own pack, and then saw that a guy named Direwolf20 seemed to be doing mod reviews on good mods, so I started watching them. Once he released his single player lets play and I watched a few episodes, I really liked his pack, so I got it.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I started with what is now called FTB Retro, on the pyramid map. I didn't really get into the forums until 1.5, though

aah, those were some good times, playing Retro and the pyramid map
EE2 was so unbalanced, but in a good way as I loved every part of it

I actually still play the map from time to time, when current modded minecraft becomes a bit boring to me

Reactions: buggirlexpres

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The Direwolf20 1.4.7 pack.
Same here.

Had deliberately not touched MC at all due to the fact that I knew I would get insanely addicted to it.
But a bunch of guildies got me talked into trying it on their DW20 1.4.7 server. And been playing non stop ever since... :p

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
I used to play the really old (I think it was?) FTB Beta 1.2.5 pack, you know, the one which still had Extra Biomes XL, just when it came out. I remember Direwolf20 making a spotlight of the FTB Launcher itself, and I soon got it. It is quite amazing how far the FTB society has come!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ultimate for a while, then Unleashed a ton.

Before that, Tekkit and various other things on the Technic launcher.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
First FTB pack: ultimate
First modpack: tekkit (now tekkit classic, I am not including my previous experiences with technic and yogbox because I did not play much)
First mod: either mo'creatires or portal gun, cannot remember which.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
First FTB pack: ultimate
First modpack: tekkit (now tekkit classic, I am not including my previous experiences with technic and yogbox because I did not play much)
First mod: either mo'creatires or portal gun, cannot remember which.
mine was legend gear

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Been here from the start so was the first map/pack released 1.2.5 or around that, now an Agrarian Skies nut, I do like the challenge both from the old days & Jaded's version has given me many hours of joy & frustration in equal measures, Now I play Agrarian Skies on open servers as I find this more entertaining atm, what the future holds only the gods & some moders know.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
My first modpack was probably the Yogbox or Tekkit. First FTB was Mindcrack, but my server was ported to Ultimate and we spent more time there. At that time I also played a lot of Void's Wrath.

Since then it's been a healthy mixture of custom packs, Unleashed, TPPI and AgSkies.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
The first pack was direwolf20 when it came to the FTB launcher,
Before that i played packs inspired by direwolf20's packs, but i usually removed a couple and added a couple
I still remember the EMC generators from EE2 and automation these was the best!
Heck, i even remember back in the early beta when Industrialcraft hit, with Alblaka in development.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
I watched alot of ETHO, and ended up downloading the Mindcrack Pack on the Launcher. Derped around in SP for a week or two, then deleted it.
Last year I ended up downloading Unleashed and I played that a shartton. I consider that the first pack I played on the FTB Launcher.