What was the reasoning behind not including Advances Machines in Unleashed?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tiwuno

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Machines is the mod that adds Rotary Macerator/Singularly Compressor/etc. It's in Ultimate but not Unleashed, anyone know why?

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
I think in some versions of it there were chunk reset issues. But surely with newer versions it would be fixed, right?

Tiwuno

Jul 29, 2019
Surely both Immibis's and AtomicStryker's versions can't be bugged the same way, right?

I would imagine not. Hopefully someone with some authority sees this question, if there's a reason it wasn't included it seems at least a handful of people would like to know what that reason is.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Standard reasons for things not being included in the pack:
1. It wasn't ready at release. Given that there's just been a new version, this one's unlikely.
2. It's bugged. Likely got a lot of reports last version, and, if it's been fixed, no one's told the FTB team. Dig through the changelog, contact them, make the point.
3. It doesn't fit (see GregTech, BoP, etc.). The team made the decision that it doesn't fit with the pack for whatever reason. Unless there's some dramatic new arguments that they're presented with, or an overwhelming response (which you're unlikely to get for an IC2 addon), you're unlikely to get that one reversed.

Tiwuno

Jul 29, 2019
So just add it? I dropped it in mine, no issues, no id conflicts, ready to go.

I know I can add it manually, but my question was why it wasn't included in Unleashed. It's a fairly popular mod and has been in almost every pack to date, so it seemed rather odd that it was missing.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Its because atomic skylers mod is terrible not working and full of bugs. Immibus made a second version and its ok but it has its flaws and uses a ton more power per operation then the old version did. So think from the stand point of a working mod pack vrs a buggy one they went without. That would be my guess anyways and my experience comes from doing this on my own and making my own pack. Also Immibus's version can't use any upgrades. So your forced to be at 128 eu/tic So there are issues...

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Machines is the mod that adds Rotary Macerator/Singularly Compressor/etc. It's in Ultimate but not Unleashed, anyone know why?

Probably because the modpack team didn't know when they cut the pack that Immibis has made a reliable and good version of this mod. Atomic Stryker's version of the mod is pretty buggy.

It isn't in Unhinged for different reasons.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Probably because the modpack team didn't know when they cut the pack that Immibis has made a reliable and good version of this mod. Atomic Stryker's version of the mod is pretty buggy.

It isn't in Unhinged for different reasons.
What bugs were are there in Atomic Stryker's version? I've never had any problems with it (in fact, i've sucessfully installed it into my unleashed pack, using the version in the new world pack, hasn't caused trouble).

Anyway, I guess Immibis' version will be in the packs from now on?

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Its because atomic skylers mod is terrible not working and full of bugs. Immibus made a second version and its ok but it has its flaws and uses a ton more power per operation then the old version did. So think from the stand point of a working mod pack vrs a buggy one they went without. That would be my guess anyways and my experience comes from doing this on my own and making my own pack. Also Immibus's version can't use any upgrades. So your forced to be at 128 eu/tic So there are issues...

The version of advanced machines that immibis puts out has the machines consume 16 eu/t when fully heated up. 128 eu/t is only used when they are heating/spinning up.