What should i do with all this wheat?

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
I have something similar. two pens, one for adults and one for babies and dead-cows-walking.

I run the whole thing with steam engines from a wall of levers attached to MFR rednet, a small boiler, and a buffer tank for steam.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, that's nice to know and thanks, KhrFreak !

This is one of those cases where I brought in my pre-conceptions and assumptions, and just went with it. I was indeed disturbed by the Slaughterhouse, liquid meat, etc,., so I was probably concerned about veal, i.e. calves being killed. Yes, it's just a game with pixels, but I can't completely suspend disbelief.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, that's nice to know and thanks, KhrFreak !

This is one of those cases where I brought in my pre-conceptions and assumptions, and just went with it. I was indeed disturbed by the Slaughterhouse, liquid meat, etc,., so I was probably concerned about veal, i.e. calves being killed. Yes, it's just a game with pixels, but I can't completely suspend disbelief.

I have a contraption that might disturb you greatly then:

This was a FTB:Ultimate contraption. back then we didn't have no fancy slaughterhouse to play with. Hope you like your steaks well done ;)

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
What chu gonna do with all dat wheat, all dat wheat inside dat farm?

I'ma bake bake bake bake some bread, bake some bread, bake some bread!

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
What chu gonna do with all dat wheat, all dat wheat inside dat farm?

I'ma bake bake bake bake some bread, bake some bread, bake some bread!

Chrissy said:
I've been recommended some stupid things such as "Make a crapload of bread" with the wheat from my new forestry multifarm that i'm using to get seeds for seed oil

And why not burn it all... >;3

Reactions: dwappo

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
You just took it here:

hDBB76705

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
How do you automate gathering from crops without breaking the crop or the plant on it?

the MFR harvester can harvest the crops from IC2 without breaking them. put in an upgrade in the harvest and you can build a huge area of IC2 crops

d1ng0d0g

Jul 29, 2019
For a slightly less disturbing commentary on the slaughterhouse theme (and the cowkiller9001), the most difficult and time consuming problem I had was getting enough pink slime that I could setup a liquid router to automatically handle incoming slime. Someone out there probably has a better solution but I didn't find it.

I'm amazed I haven't seen this comment yet (nor am I certain if this works in all versions), but shooting the pink slime with a thaumcraft lightning wand enchanted as best as could, was enough to give me and my brother such incredible amounts of pink slimeballs due to the slimes multplying like insanity ... that after that we just build a massive mining laser drill farm, got bored and started over.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
This was one of the first modded minecraft videos I watched
Those guys were like the 1st ones that really started playing feed the beast; I watched them from episode 1 and remember being so confused about everything. I think they're one of the reasons FTB blew up. After them, everybody else starting playing as well like the hermitcraft and mindcrack guys.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Those guys were like the 1st ones that really started playing feed the beast; I watched them from episode 1 and remember being so confused about everything. I think they're one of the reasons FTB blew up. After them, everybody else starting playing as well like the hermitcraft and mindcrack guys.

Except they weren't. others were doing it long before they started. you just happen to not have noticed because you yourself weren't ready to start using mods yet. :cool:
LP'ers like hypnotoad and direwolf20 were doing modded let's plays long before there was even any talk of using packs and launchers.
The funny thing is, that in essence. both hypnotoad and direwolf represented a kind of modpack when they did. they shared their configs, to facilitate the play along crowd.
I had some great times playing with direwolfs LP pack back in the day. even tho it was something of a chore to make everything work properly.

That being said. FTB going big, really had a lot to do with the FTB challenge maps. it was after all the first real challenge maps made for multi modded minecraft. These maps got a lot of attention from LP'ers who weren't ordinarily using modded minecraft. They also got a lot of attention on the MC forums. with lots of people asking for a modpack as a one stop download for being able to play with these maps.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Except they weren't. others were doing it long before they started. you just happen to not have noticed because you yourself weren't ready to start using mods yet. :cool:
LP'ers like hypnotoad and direwolf20 were doing modded let's plays long before there was even any talk of using packs and launchers.
Oh, sure, the modded minecrafters were the mainstay of FTB support, but I do think that docm77 and Monkeyfarm played a big part. They said it was OK for a vanilla player to also play with mods, which was a big step at the time, and I think a lot of their fans followed their lead and considered playing with mods for the first time, a lot of people instinctively thought of it as cheating, and a lot still do of course. I'd like to see a poll "How did you get into mods", but it would need publicity in order to not just be a tiny unrepresentitive sample.

Reactions: Geometry

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, sure, the modded minecrafters were the mainstay of FTB support, but I do think that docm77 and Monkeyfarm played a big part. They said it was OK for a vanilla player to also play with mods, which was a big step at the time, and I think a lot of their fans followed their lead and considered playing with mods for the first time, a lot of people instinctively thought of it as cheating, and a lot still do of course. I'd like to see a poll "How did you get into mods", but it would need publicity in order to not just be a tiny unrepresentitive sample.

well. it is like this. for every mainstream LP'er who went with a FTB run, FTB's ranks were swelled by an influx of new players. or rather. the followers of using mods swelled. since not all modded minecraft players actually, you know. play with FTB. there are other groups out there after all.
As far as creating massive influx of players to FTB is concerned I think mindcrack might have had a bigger impact than any one LP'er or LP team has had, simply because of the sheer number of popular and mainstream LP's involved.

This is kinda like talking about X's adventrues in minecraft. An LP that was instrumental in making me try out minecraft back in alpha days. most players nowadays just go: Who? what? never heard of him!

Reactions: DaWhiskers