What mods have tree farms?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

123girr

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, it's actualy been a while since I've played ftb, but I was wondering what mods have tree farms?

I remember playing on a direwolf pack and having a machine that would automaticaly plant and harvest trees. It used some sort of special dirt, and I remember being able to have it be self sustaining because of the transmutation table. It would plant a sapling on the special dirt, and then the special dirt would turn to regular dirt and you would have to craft more to keep it going. Any ideas of what mod it might be?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Specifically, that sounds like the old pre-nerf 1.2.5 version of Forestry, before it went to the abysmal multiblock monstrosity.

As far as what other mods have tree farms, it's almost easier to ask what mods DON'T. EnderIO, Mekanism, MFR, heck even Steve's Carts has the ability to set up a tree farm.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Also Buildcraft has robots that can be used to make a treefarm
Progressive Automation has treefarms.
I belive you can use botania fpr tree farms
As @ShneekeyTheLost said, it would be easier to list the mods without treefarms.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Specifically, that sounds like the old pre-nerf 1.2.5 version of Forestry, before it went to the abysmal multiblock monstrosity.

As far as what other mods have tree farms, it's almost easier to ask what mods DON'T. EnderIO, Mekanism, MFR, heck even Steve's Carts has the ability to set up a tree farm.
Forestry isn't THAT bad, sure it's not the most compact and relies on finite but long lasting fertilizer (can be perpetual with the use of apatine bees)
Also what do you mean by "Even Steves carts" pre galgadorian nerf it was the premier tree farmer you didn't really even need the solar panel to make it go indefinitely as it make its own fuel. Even post Galgador its good if you have the patience for the grind to set it up.
Actually all Steves carts was used for is treefarms and to some extent mining.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
He's probably talking about using the digi miner which techincally isn't a tree farm and I thought it didn't mine any new grown trees.