What Mods do YOU Manually Add to the New Packs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Uzas

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of adding Pam's Harvest Craft to Unleashed because I like farming and it adds a ton of interesting foods to play around with. Has anyone tried to add this? Not sure if it would conflict with anything or how difficult it might be.

I'll also probably add the Project Bench mod and possibly Balkan's weapon mod

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of adding Pam's Harvest Craft to Unleashed because I like farming and it adds a ton of interesting foods to play around with. Has anyone tried to add this? Not sure if it would conflict with anything or how difficult it might be.

I'll also probably add the Project Bench mod and possibly Balkan's weapon mod

Pams is awful for modpacks. I love that mod, but Jesus! The configs are awful! It counts every single crop as a different mod, adding like 100 different config files. And it probably does have tons of ID conflicts.

Reactions: Uzas

Uzas

Jul 29, 2019
Pams is awful for modpacks. I love that mod, but Jesus! The configs are awful! It counts every single crop as a different mod, adding like 100 different config files. And it probably does have tons of ID conflicts.

Crap I was afraid someone would say that! Thanks though for the warning. I'll have to think about it.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
They are the default minimap for all of the FTB packs these days, and it bugs me.
I like that the radar differentiates between the different individual mobs, and I like the beacon-like waypoints as well, but for most other purposes I do prefer Rei's.

Do you know of any other minimap mods that would give me the best of both worlds between Voxel and Rei? Or should I just stick with Rei's minimap?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I like that the radar differentiates between the different individual mobs, and I like the beacon-like waypoints as well, but for most other purposes I do prefer Rei's.

Do you know of any other minimap mods that would give me the best of both worlds between Voxel and Rei? Or should I just stick with Rei's minimap?

I personally hate the mob radar. The other minimap mod I know of is Mapwriter, which imo isn't very good.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice if they just included both mini-maps, disabled, and let us chose which we want to use instead of forcing us to do it manually.
Unless there is some permissions issue I don't know about.

...that's brilliant, that is.

Reactions: RedBoss

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice if they just included both mini-maps, disabled, and let us chose which we want to use instead of forcing us to do it manually.
Unless there is some permissions issue I don't know about.

Meh, I don't mind it as I already have it downloaded for multiple versions in my Additional Mods folder.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, I don't mind it as I already have it downloaded for multiple versions in my Additional Mods folder.

It's not like it's that big a deal but I would rather not have to go manually looking for mods every update.
I don't play vanilla anymore and the only modded I play are ftb packs.

I can do and will do it but I would rather just have to add it at the same time that I am removing the mods I won't use.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the admittedly obvious balance issues presented by "omniscient mob and cave radar maps activated by default" is the concern Slowpoke has generally shown in the area of game balance. If you're a fan of DW's current SMP series, you know what I mean: Slowpoke is often the first person to raise the question of whether one development or another may/may not be OP (e.g. MPS recipes, Tinker's Construct tools). It strikes me as peculiar that totally eliminating ninja-Creeper-pounce via a minimap function apparently flew beneath his radar.

(... which brings me to another question: I wonder what fraction of GregTech players play Minecraft on Medium (or lower) difficulty? I'd be interested in hearing their justifications for running GregTech alongside Wooden Doors that are impervious to Zombies, only because I'm the opposite: I run Direwolf20 on Hard difficulty... admittedly, though, this is because my masculinity is a delicate flower, easily threatened by playing any game on Medium difficulty ;) )

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
It strikes me as peculiar that totally eliminating ninja-Creeper-pounce via a minimap function apparently flew beneath his radar.

Am I weird because I still get blown up by Creepers regardless of the radar? They still get me more often than not when I'm focused on fighting other mobs, especially other creepers, here I am busy trying to hit and run this creeper when suddenly "sssssSSSSSSS BOOM!" And half the time it just ends up making me paranoid because I'll see mobs on my radar but I'm not sure if they're below me or above me or what.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use mini-maps for the radar or underground. I use it simply for the waypoints.

Instead of stopping and writing down coorxs and running with F3 up all the time.

Before NEI had the ability to show chunk borders I used it to find the borders without having to stop and do maths.

Voxel map sucks for waypoints so I won't use it.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
And half the time it just ends up making me paranoid because I'll see mobs on my radar but I'm not sure if they're below me or above me or what.

Same here. I also hate how I can't see a single thing on the map because there are heads all over it.

Cubstep12

Jul 29, 2019
I get better FPS without Optifine these days for modded MC. The only thing I miss is the zoom feature. There is some thread somewhere in the general FTB chat forum about Voxelmods creating awful lag.
There is a module for the MPS helmet that lets you zoom. It actually had a tool tip about replacing optifines zoom. You should check it out

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
I make my own mod pack, my friend. Any mods I add are already part of the pack.

Myself, I'd exchange BoP with EBXL (My computer can't really handle BoP well) and add a bunch of Immibis Mods (whose mods won't be in any new packs, sadly) like Advanced Repulsion Systems and Dimensional Anchors. Also, Dimensional Doors is cool.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I started out playing Unleashed, but now I've switched over to DW20 as I want to try out Forge Multipart. But now I see it's un Unleashed anyway, d'oh. I've added Dartcraft because that adds some fun stuff, probably I will add Nether Ores as well. And CreeperCollateral. Maybe I should just switch back to Unleashed. Is there actually anything in DW20 now that isn't in Unleashed? AdditionalBuildcraftObjects, is that the only one?

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Inspired to add more mod to my unleashed. Very nice thread here.

Personally i add
additional buildcraft object,
enchanting +,
underground biomes,
gravestone mod (the one that gives you world gen and some new cool thing)
Primitive mob
Mob amputation

Planning to add some
infernal mobs but i think it makes the mob to OP, but worth the loot :p
Millenaire (inspired by this thread, i think that would be awesome to have that 11th century village)
Ruins mod

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
I add ArmorStatusHud (Bspkr) because numbers are easier to keep track of than a durability bar, even though it acts funny with TConstruct tools and any electric equipment. Also Additional Buildcraft Objects since I switched to Unleashed, even though I barely use it