What Mods do YOU Manually Add to the New Packs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't a "please add [X] to Unleashed!!!!111one!!!" thread; we plan to be far less intense than that in here. Right guys? Right!!! Err, I mean: Right.

See title for question, tell us the modpack you're using, and which mod (or mods) you plan to manually add. I'd suggest linking to the mod's forum thread, but it's late and I'm tired and I really don't want to dig up the links right now and I don't want to be a hypocrite and I assume you've all heard of Google.

Translocators and Calclavia's MFFS was enough to put me into the Direwolf20 camp, even though the lack of Sphax textures is crippling my soul (yeah, you heard right: I like Sphax. Break out the pitchforks!). I'm playing SSP right now, because I have no friends because my superpower, apparently, is the ability to find the most deceptively bad (deceptively good? I never know) SMP servers on the interwebs. Seriously, I'm like a homing pigeon for suck.

Anyways, to DW20, I have added:
  • Ars Magicka
  • Immibis Microblocks
  • Xeno's Reliquary (kind of surprised this wasn't in there by default; DW20 made plenty use of it during his last SSP season, and I've never known him to be concerned with silly things like "game balance")
... and that's it. There's a few mods I'm considering adding, like the replacement for RP's frames (I forget the name, but I believe it's the more widely-known of the few that are out there), as well as Fossils & Archaeology (yeah, I know I'm missing out on the worldgen, but that's what MystCraft is for).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
welp, I'm playing unleashed and I've added quite a bit of extra mods...

Optifine (I don't want my computer to constantly make annoying noise while playing)
ForgeBackup (incase something goes wrong or a world gets corrupted)
Immibis Microblocks (gotta love some microblocks. but as soon as CB's microblocks is stable, I'll be switching to that)
ArmorStatusHUD (always nice to know how much durability you've left on your tools and armor and how much of an item you have in your inventory)
Backpacks (I like to bring everything I need with me, so a simple enderpouch is just too small for me, plus I like that you can color the bags and even name them)
Better Anvil (to get rid of that annoying repairing level cap)
Dragonmount (tbh, I haven't used this mod yet, as it's been ages since I last killed the dragon, but the dragons in this mod looks cool)
Flat Bedrock (when quarrying you'll love this mod to get rid of that hard to get places)
Gravestones (I used to play on harcore, as I hate dying and losing my stuff, but after having gone through about 20 worlds, I decided on playing adventure mode hard with this mod, plus using keepInventory is too easy)
Matmos (gotta love some sounds)
Mob Amputation (chop chop)
Mob Dismemberment (chop chop x2)
Translocators (awesome mod, especially the inworld crafting grid)
WAILA (helpful to know what blocks is from what mod, and easy switch on/off keybinding)

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
i wonder how many post there will be saying: " i add gt"

the only mod that i`ever added(except optifine) was biotech, to test what it has to offer.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Primitive Mobs - adds more minecraft themed creatures to the world
Infernal Mobs - Gives a chance that some mobs are tougher with extra abilities
Energy Manipulator - Brings back the Energy Condensor, and is highly configurable - my EE3 replacement at the moment
Matmos - stops the world being so quiet
Dimensional Doors

Hell, just check out my Omega Dawn pack :p

KurShedir

Jul 29, 2019
Translocators and XACT, as extras into the unleashed pack. But I could use sorting pipes from extrautilities (early game, before AE) and the new crafting table provided by Forestry

PowerConverters... Without GT I don't need it anymore.

You don't have to add Flat Bedrock, there's an option inside the CoFH core config file.

Didz

Jul 29, 2019
I use mostly the Direwolf20 1.5.2 pack now. I always have to remove VoxelMap and put in Rei's Minimap because VoxelMap has a problem with keys sticking for me when I'm moving and toggling the full-screen map on and off.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using the 1.5.2 NGT pack with a friend on his server, and FTB Unleashed on SSP. On the 1.5.2 NGT Pack we added BoP, Nether Ores, Ars Magica, and have to remove VoxelAnything because it causes me lag (I replace it with Reis Minimap). On Unleashed I do the same with the map, and add Enchanting+ (Never used it, or looked it up and am going to be surprised when I decide to use it), Nether Ores, and BoP. The only reason I do not add more is because I tend to play SMP, so need to have the same mods as the server.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I think I'll be adding Power Converters and Enchanting Plus (already included it seems, just need to enable it) to unleashed when I switch to that (and enable biomes o plenty).

burkmopp

Jul 29, 2019
ExtrabiomesXL. Personal preferance reason. While biomes o'plenty adds alot of quantity, I think it lacks severly in quality.

Manu

Jul 29, 2019
EnchantingPlus and Whatshumacallit.... the mod that
adds ee2 like condensers.....

burkmopp

Jul 29, 2019
That's an interesting opinion, many people feel that BoP adds more to quality (as well as quantity). What quality is lacking from BoP in your opinion?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the trees generate by BoP aren't actualy new trees and as such doesn't drop sapplings and will only ever generate in new chunks. Then there are just alot of biomes it adds that I think are plain uggly/silly like trees made out of ice or the giant flowers that just look like big uggly blobs of color. But these are my opinions, and not fact. I think biomes XL has its own problems, like the pine trees being way way way to big, but at least they look nice.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Many of the trees do have their own saplings, while some don't. I've disabled Icy Hills, Garden and Origin Valley.