What Mods do YOU Manually Add to the New Packs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I will say a few things with Millenaire. 2) Editting the configs are a bitch. To get it to work I had to do some minor editings, and his config files are essentially all one line, so it is really hard to look through and make changes needed.
I don't know for sure why this is happening but I have an idea. If you are using Notepad to edit configs, it might be worthwhile getting another program called Notepad++. Its free. The config for Redpower2 also appeared on one line and Eloraam suggested using a better text editor in an FAQ. If the millenaire config is on one line for the same reason then notepad++ might display the formatting much better.

For myself, I'm working on a personal pack using Ampz as a starting point. I then added most everything not related to IC2 from Unleashed, then DimDoors, Chococraft, and UndergroundBiomes...and spent an hour trying to deal with block id issues :)
I really like underground biomes. It does make the world look nicer but I am considering uninstalling it on my instance because its just too much of a clutter for my inventory.

You know, IC2 and buildcraft are completely compatible with mekanism/UE. (compatible in that you can use the energy interchangably)
Mekanism machines are able to accept all types of power (and it adds universal cable which can transmit all different power too). Its generators can output to none UE machines too. However, I think don't think the machines from the other UE mod machines like Electrical expansion's wiremill necessarily work if supplied with MJ or EU (unless via universal cable). It would be awesome if it works though I will try it later.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism machines are able to accept all types of power (and it adds universal cable which can transmit all different power too). Its generators can output to none UE machines too. However, I think don't think the machines from the other UE mod machines like Electrical expansion's wiremill necessarily work if supplied with MJ or EU (unless via universal cable). It would be awesome if it works though I will try it later.
You could also use power converters to convert it back and forth.

tobiashunter

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know for sure why this is happening but I have an idea. If you are using Notepad to edit configs, it might be worthwhile getting another program called Notepad++. Its free. The config for Redpower2 also appeared on one line and Eloraam suggested using a better text editor in an FAQ. If the millenaire config is on one line for the same reason then notepad++ might display the formatting much better.

See I never had a problem with Elo's configs... nor anyone elses for that matter. I'll still check out notepad++ though. It was just really hard reading through his config.

Edit: It works, it appears properly. Thank you!

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to hear it. (Another great thing about Notepad++ is that it is great at editing Computercraft programs. If you set the language to Lua in the settings it will highlight reserved words and it is just pretty good. Just in case anyone is interested).

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Shoulder Surfing usually gets thrown in at the first available opportunity. The default third-person camera is /terribad/.

LB]Millenaire:[/B] I've been eyeing this mod for some time, but I'm hesitant only because it's a big mod where a lot could go wrong and I'm wondering why it hasn't made it into any of the FTB packs. In your experience, are there config/stability/compatibility issues with it, or does it work smoothly alongside the other worldgen mods in the pack (including Ars Magica, in case anyone has run both together)?
It's quite possible to have it work together with other things (and to the extent that some of the worldgen with ArsMagica looks goofy at times, that's a problem earlier versions of ArsMagica have with vanilla, too). The big concerns are that a) villagers are a lot of entities and can take a lot of server CPU, b) on a server, it's very easy to use Millenaire villagers as a weapon or target them with weapons, c) they tend to dominate a lot of play, sometimes in ways that aren't terribly good.

2) Editting the configs are a bitch. To get it to work I had to do some minor editings, and his config files are essentially all one line, so it is really hard to look through and make changes needed.
That's a more complicated problem than just Millenaire, and not just Millenaire's fault. Programs like notepad2, notepad++, or even WordPad, will work around the issue.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
im still trying to get gregtech working right on the unleased pack. wont even let the game start. i do have a post in the support section if someone wants to help out with that.

packs expansive enough as it is, but i like what GT offers when its not hard-mode wrecking everything.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
im still trying to get gregtech working right on the unleased pack. wont even let the game start. i do have a post in the support section if someone wants to help out with that.
greg doesnt want you to do it, because unleashed has Tinker`s Construct. at least it`s very likely to be that way. only crash log can prove it to be different.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
greg doesnt want you to do it, because unleashed has Tinker`s Construct. at least it`s very likely to be that way. only crash log can prove it to be different.
GT works great with Tinkers when their configs don't conflict. It does help to be running a more recent verison of Java than one that was released in December of 2010.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019

packs expansive enough as it is, but i like what GT offers when its not hard-mode wrecking everything.

Did you enable Biomes o'Plenty? because then you'll get resource conflicts with GregTech. There was some guide hidden somewhere in the GregTech threads, that mentioned exactly which IDs and how to change them. But unfortunately I can't find it at the moment.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
GT works great with Tinkers when their configs don't conflict. It does help to be running a more recent verison of Java than one that was released in December of 2010.
it looks like config in unleashed for TiC do conflict with GT, however i do find it a bit weird... or there is another reason, anyway it`s no possible to judge without crash log but to guess. and how does recent version of java can help with such thing?

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Did you enable Biomes o'Plenty? because then you'll get resource conflicts with GregTech. There was some guide hidden somewhere in the GregTech threads, that mentioned exactly which IDs and how to change them. But unfortunately I can't find it at the moment.
ok, i would like to close out this particualr discussion and put the thread back on topic. if you have any further advice/help for my problem, PLEASE take it over the support topic. thank you.

again, i like GT, but not the obscene hardmode.
im also considering optifine at some point, have it downloaded for one of the texturepacks on another pack.
im kinda using this thread as a resource area for mods i would like to add.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Enhanced portals is pretty cool, I think I'm gonna add that to unleashed when/if I start an unleashed world.

hutchkc

Jul 29, 2019

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
and have to remove VoxelAnything because it causes me lag (I replace it with Reis Minimap).

Really? Could anyone elaborate on this? I'm getting random, crippling lag spikes even with Optifine (WITH all the settings turned to minimum, animations and particles disabled, etc.), and if Voxel is the cause then it's out, no matter how much I like its aesthetic compared to Rei's.

On-topic: I plan on starting a Resonant Rise world once my computer is more stable (I'm having severe performance issues on Unleashed at the moment :( ), and one mod I'm thinking of adding is the Plants vs. Zombies mod--it looks like a lot of fun, and weaponized plants are awesome. :p I may end up adding it to Unleashed as well, depending on how well it'd fit in. ;)

EDIT: Link to the mod thread on the MC forums: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1855848-162152forge-plants-vs-zombies-mod-accepting-help/

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Seconding the above: I'm also having lag issues with the DW20 pack---both input lag (ugh) and lag spikes. I suspected it was Ars Magica and decided to tolerate it rather than remove that mod, but if VoxelMap or something less essential to my fun is the problem, I'd certainly replace it with something more computer-friendly.

Reactions: Flipz

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Really? Could anyone elaborate on this? I'm getting random, crippling lag spikes even with Optifine (WITH all the settings turned to minimum, animations and particles disabled, etc.), and if Voxel is the cause then it's out, no matter how much I like its aesthetic compared to Rei's.

On-topic: I plan on starting a Resonant Rise world once my computer is more stable (I'm having severe performance issues on Unleashed at the moment :( ), and one mod I'm thinking of adding is the Plants vs. Zombies mod--it looks like a lot of fun, and weaponized plants are awesome. :p I may end up adding it to Unleashed as well, depending on how well it'd fit in. ;)

EDIT: Link to the mod thread on the MC forums: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1855848-162152forge-plants-vs-zombies-mod-accepting-help/

I get better FPS without Optifine these days for modded MC. The only thing I miss is the zoom feature. There is some thread somewhere in the general FTB chat forum about Voxelmods creating awful lag.