What Mod Makes Endermen Teleport Every Few Secs/Stay Mad at You for Only a Few Secs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
It's getting annoying since I can barely get pearls since when I look at endermen they only stay mad at me for 1-2 secs and I can't kill them since they teleport every 1-2 secs. Anybody know what this mod is? Is there a config for it?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I've never experienced that. I have experienced similar with daylight or with a weapon that causes damage over time. Since then, I don't add "Fiery" or similar to my primary weapon.

Also, I always hit their feet. It keeps them from teleporting away most of the time.

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, they stay mad at you until something else hurts them or they get killed.
If you're looking at them directly, they'll teleport away during your fight. If they teleport far enough away they'll lose interest. You're honestly describing plain old vanilla Endermen behavior and also non-effective tactics for battling them. Everyone's replies to you are accurate.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
If you're looking at them directly, they'll teleport away during your fight. If they teleport far enough away they'll lose interest. You're honestly describing plain old vanilla Endermen behavior and also non-effective tactics for battling them. Everyone's replies to you are accurate.

No, I believe like the other guy said it becuase it's day. They teleport even when I'm not directly looking at their torso/head.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
It took me a looong time to understand "Endermen fishing", and I'm still not very good at it. I have a pretty low Enderman kill-to-engagement ratio prior to getting decent armor and speedy boots.

After speedy boots, though, I can usually chase down a fleeing Enderman before they can teleport way again. My usual strategy is:

1. Look Enderman in the eye to try and get him to come to me. I will know if he gives me that pissed-off Robert DeNiro "You talkin' at ME ?!?" look. I will then look down/away.
2. If he doesn't come to me I'll run to him
3. Look down at his feet and whack said feet
4. Pursue if he runs away

Before engaging Endermen, I also try to find or quickly build a make-shift roof that I can exactly fit under, but the Enderman can't, i.e. vertical space of 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1392326377][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, I believe like the other guy said it becuase it's day. They teleport even when I'm not directly looking at their torso/head.

Daytime sucks. I've rarely capped an Enderman during the day.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Enderman doesn't like the sun much and would prioritise teleporting randomly till they are out of the sun vs anything else.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Rain and water they actively hate. Sun they just dislike. With the prior, you'll see them take damage and warp around like crazy. With the latter, you'll see them warp every 3-5 seconds until they find a shady spot.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Rain and water they actively hate. Sun they just dislike. With the prior, you'll see them take damage and warp around like crazy. With the latter, you'll see them warp every 3-5 seconds until they find a shady spot.
Oh, I had no idea, that's not even on the wiki.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Also if you are wearing a pumpkin helmet you can walk right up to them and start whacking away. They won't teleport away and will just stand and attack you.