what mod is doing this

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
in monster 1.1.2 what mod is making so that when im killed by a creeper i lose all of my stuff?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
i never lost all my stuff when a creeper killed me in vanilla before and didnt in 1.1.1 and on normal difficulty no less.

Creeper explosions tend to eat over half my items, regardless of mod pack. Seems you were lucky before.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Your open blocks grave could have bugged out if you have that turned on.
And where you killed by the creeper or did it have an accomplice? You can lose your gear to a creeper if you get a perfect storm of another mob killing you a split second before a creeper goes off.

Last edited:

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
Your open blocks grave could have bugged out if you have that turned on.
And where you killed by the creeper or did it have an accomplice? You can lose your gear to a creeper if you get a perfect storm of another mob killing you a split second before a creeper goes off.

first time it happened i tested to make sure, only thing that killed me was the creeper and i lost 90% of my stuff. im doing more test in vanilla and older versions to see if its a mod update or what.

well vanilla 1.6.4 tested, creeper blast did not destroy my stuff in two test. testing monster 1.1.1 now

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
It might be because you are on hard-mode. Or lag.
But I know creepers kill you they don't blow up your stuff (unless theirs 2).

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
It might be because you are on hard-mode. Or lag.
But I know creepers kill you they don't blow up your stuff (unless theirs 2).

like i said in an earlier post, normal. also dont play smp only ssp burnt to many times to put up with the bullshit. last my computer is uppermosttier gtx 770 haswell unlocked i5 8gbs of ram.

testing monster 1.1.1 now, if i lose my stuff i'll make a bug report.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
all my test where inside my house 10 blocks from my spawn and on creative on both versions of monster and vanilla, creeper deaths dont take any of your items in 1.1.1 or vanilla but in 1.1.2 they take upwards of 90%. there is a bug somewhere in the new version but i dont know where

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
A single creeper should NOT be able to "take your stuff" as, the normal sequence of events means that the creeper blows up, damage is distributed to blocks (and player) killing them, then their stuff drops as entities.
At this point they should be safe from damage from the creeper explosion, so they should only disappear if there is a 2nd creeper / explosion, a zombie picks them up, there are fire/lava/cacti/drops into the void nearby, or they time out.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
A single creeper should NOT be able to "take your stuff" as, the normal sequence of events means that the creeper blows up, damage is distributed to blocks (and player) killing them, then their stuff drops as entities.
At this point they should be safe from damage from the creeper explosion, so they should only disappear if there is a 2nd creeper / explosion, a zombie picks them up, there are fire/lava/cacti/drops into the void nearby, or they time out.

the second creeper and zombie thing could happen but, is impossible in a closed test world where i spawned full armor and a sword. i then spawned a creeper with an egg and went to survival, let him hurt me then spawned a second creeper to kill me. like i said it was a creative world so there where no other mods and this happened at spawn so i spawned right on top of all my lost stuff. in 1.1.1 all my stuff was still there but in 1.1.2 i lost everything. this is an obvious bug when it doesnt happen in past versions or vanilla.

also looking at the changelogs there is no mention of anything of this sort in the 1.1.2 update.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I agree. this must be a bug. It won't be in the change notes. It sounds like something very subtle where a mod is causing the player to be killed "early" in processing, and the players items to drop during, rather than sequenced after, the explosion. Finding the mod is going to be tricky.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
maybe not, i think it may be thumic tinker kiam. to the best of my recollection kiam never was active in the pack by default, you have to activate it yourself. but now, now from what the logs say its part of thumic tinker. then again im just guessing.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
maybe not, i think it may be thumic tinker kiam. to the best of my recollection kiam never was active in the pack by default, you have to activate it yourself. but now, now from what the logs say its part of thumic tinker. then again im just guessing.
*KAMI
And that most likely would not affect it as all KAMI is is a switch for the content, all the KAMI stuff is in TT, the KAMI file is just an on/off switch

Reactions: Padfoote

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
*KAMI
And that most likely would not affect it as all KAMI is is a switch for the content, all the KAMI stuff is in TT, the KAMI file is just an on/off switch

well like i said just guessing. wonder what it is because it doesnt happen in vanilla or 1.1.1