What mod adds these treasure mounds to overworld?

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
It's a small mound, with iron bars blocking the door. Inside is a pit, with 3 chests and 2 mob spawners (seems to be zombie/skeleton). They seem rather common, I found 4 so far. What mod are they from?

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/V6PgM

Clueless16

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it's Thaumcraft its a Dark Node that generate Flux and spawns wisps. And the mound that you found is a Borrow Hill. I hope this helps.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Are these like the oil geysers, in that they don't depend on world seed to be generated?
I found a nice seed and tried it a second time before I shared it and the second one had a mound like that but not first one.

DR3ADLORD

Jul 29, 2019
I had a similar thing except the time I made the world it had two of those within 50 blocks of each other and now I can't find em :/

Evelina

Jul 29, 2019
Talking about those mounds. I had NO idea what they were. After all the wisps keep showing up, and attacking, I finally obtained some goggles, and couldn't believe what I SAW!!! I shut the door so fast...(we built right next to it). Now, i'm wondering - can anyone tell me what to do with it? I'm such a noob when it comes to Thaumcraft. Anything I can do to "fix" it? Is it a bad place to live next to? (we share a wall with the "mound.") Will bad stuff happen if we explore Thaumcraft and start doing research? How do I get the flux to fall below moderate, (and do I have to lower the flux? I would think so.) Thank-you!

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment the only way to fix the Dark node would be to grow a larger pure node via silverwood trees, some distance away and walk it to the dark node also via silverwood trees, then wait for the larger to absorb the smaller. Basically a huge amount of time and effort, it's not too bad to have a dangerous level of flux around it can cause the odd potion effect and lightning\mob spawn (wisps and really big angry zombies) so if you roof your living area and do not build in wood (also any farming golems better be under a solid roof the lightning specifically targets living entities and goes through glass) and can handle a bunch of wisps it's not a huge issue, the potion style effects are very short duration so they are not that much of an issue.

Evelina

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment the only way to fix the Dark node would be to grow a larger pure node via silverwood trees, some distance away and walk it to the dark node also via silverwood trees, then wait for the larger to absorb the smaller. Basically a huge amount of time and effort, it's not too bad to have a dangerous level of flux around it can cause the odd potion effect and lightning\mob spawn (wisps and really big angry zombies) so if you roof your living area and do not build in wood (also any farming golems better be under a solid roof the lightning specifically targets living entities and goes through glass) and can handle a bunch of wisps it's not a huge issue, the potion style effects are very short duration so they are not that much of an issue.
Ahhh, thank-you! The wisps stay in the building - we put doors up on it long ago. They just make a lot of noise. I saw some silverwood trees far off. I'll work on those. We are lucky, no lightening. No woods nearby - it is in a snow plain type of biome. We are having a debate. One of us thinks that if we fill the barrow full of stone so it is solid, the big dark node will no longer continue to generate wisps, and it might be destroyed. I don't think the solution is as easy as that. But, so long as regular wooden doors can continue to contain the wisps - it is turning out to be a good place to rack up exp. : ) Glad to hear the effects are not that bad. The only real problem, beside the noise, is mild to severe server lag in the area.

clippjam

Jul 29, 2019
I dont think that creating a single huge node from silverwood trees is a good idea - not only does it play merry hell with the aura, but it effectively breaks the 'network' of nodes that helps to clean up flux. A big node will regenerate slower, and will clean up its flux slower, so I think you best option would be to surround the barrow with silverwood trees that are not too close together (say, 10-15 blocks apart at least?) and hope that they will effectively neutralize any bad effects from the dark node. And it has the bonus of providing a better network of nodes for when you decide to do more with thaumcraft :)