What mod adds these puddles?

athelred

Jul 29, 2019
In the Unleased mod pack, I am getting these puddles of water when it rains.

2013-07-31_07.11.40.png

What mod adds these? I don't think this is a vanilla thing. They appear when it rains, and then just never disappear. To get rid of them I have to dig the dirt and replace. I am not much of an aesthetic builder, but they just look bad.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes o plenty I believe.

I heard somewhere that jumping on them would turn them back to dirt, like tilled dirt, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes O Plenty, to disable edit the BoP config and find this

####################
# miscellanious settings
####################

"miscellanious settings" {
B:"Add Biomes O' Plenty Achievements"=true
B:"Add Custom Dungeon Loot"=true
B:"Enable Puddles During Rain"=true
}
and change it to false.

athelred

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately turning them off does not make them disappear, and as far as I can tell they never disappear on their own. I may end up restarting, unless someone has a brilliant suggestion.

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
Are the puddles server- or client-side? They're incredibly ugly and I just want to get rid of them, but I play on multiplayer server hand have no connections to the higher-ups, so I can't do anything to the config if it's indeed a server feature.

Hazardous

Jul 29, 2019
If you go into the config and type Puddle - change its ID to 0, it "should" get rid of all the puddles currently in the world.. I'm testing this now.

If you have an EXTREMLY good computer, back up your world first.. (16gb+ RAM) because from what I'm thinking this MAY turn all current and future Air blocks into these puddles... so.. best bet is to probably uninstall BoP then reinstall again, because.. if you're lazy like me.. thats much easier.. lol

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If you go into the config and type Puddle - change its ID to 0, it "should" get rid of all the puddles currently in the world.. I'm testing this now.
Did it work? Would it not be better to change the ID to an unused value?

Are there any tools that will do a search/replace on a world replacing one block ID with another? (And no, I'm not planning on replacing all my dirt with diamond blocks... honest... >:->)

I wonder why anyone thought it was a good idea for worlds to gradually be converted entirely into vast expanses of puddles.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder why anyone thought it was a good idea for worlds to gradually be converted entirely into vast expanses of puddles.

They're supposed to dry up relatively fast. Problem is, they didn't. This has been fixed in later versions of Biomes O Plenty.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I hate them whether they disappear or not. It makes whatever biome you settle in look like a moor. I really don't care for puddles, holes, or holes filled with source blocks. It feels like endermen with water buckets are trolling me.

Hazardous

Jul 29, 2019
Did it work? Would it not be better to change the ID to an unused value?

Are there any tools that will do a search/replace on a world replacing one block ID with another? (And no, I'm not planning on replacing all my dirt with diamond blocks... honest... >:->)

No it didn't work sadly :\ it crashed the game dozens of times because it tried using all my RAM because it was repleacing the AIR blocks with the puddles. It didn't corrupt my world.. thank goodness.. but it doesnt work.