What Looks Better? (Your Personal Opinion)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
What other kinds of rooms will you have? Mabe a thaum room. Purple would go nicely for that. I've never gotten far in any FTBase, so I don't know what to have. I did have a portal room in one, that could be purple too (for portal blocks). Guess thaumcraft would be another color!
I'll make the Thaumcraft room Purple & The Portal Room....Idk. Cyan? :p

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I like CF walls. But I'd use XyCraft for the floors. It looks very nice, supports connected textures(I think), and prevents mobs from spawning on them. Plus, if you use magical mods, you should use bricks instead. Why? Because you can then mix the CF and bricks on the way to that room, making a very cool look.
Also, I use Gregs Lighting for most of my bigger hallways. I'll use Wrath Lamps occasionally, but I prefer flood lamps, not just because they are cheaper, but also because they have more then one type. I like using IC2 Flood Lamps for my bigger IC2 setup rooms, and if not them, then Calcium Carbide Flood Lamps for most big rooms which I don't need lit up all the time. If I need a room lit all the time but don't want to bring in energy from another system, I can use the "normal" Flood Lamps, which aren't cheap, but work well. Or if it's a weirdly shaped room, then I'll use a Wrath-Lamp.(though my setups often have weirdly shaped rooms)

Personally, I wish one could turn off Wrath-Lamps with Redstone.