what is your favorite mod :P

blacko369

Jul 29, 2019
hello im blacko369 im new and i just wanted a idea on what every body liked for mods
my top 3 are

thaumcraft

tinkers construct

and twilght forest

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
It varies on the modpack but Computercraft, buildcraft and Inudtrialcrtaft are mods I wouldn't mind seeing in packs at all

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I battled one of factorizations colossus's(?) They are pretty epic

L0NExW0LF

Jul 29, 2019
That's a hard question I love most mods :p. But if I had to narrow them down I would say that Thaumcraft, Buildcraft and Plant Mega Pack would be my favorites.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
In general I like mods that allow you to be creative. I like Carpenter's Blocks, Chisel, DecoCraft... I also like Witchery and Botania - they are just different. :) Oh, and Plant Megapack. When I ran a 1.6.4 server PMG + ATG made an awesome environment to run around in.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I'm one of the weird ones in that I would say ChromatiCraft and, rather oddly, Void Monster, both by Reika. Void Monster in particular adds quite a bit of ambience to deep mining and both the significant other and myself have taken to having conversations with the beasty, almost treating it like a puppy. An angry, hungry, horrible puppy.

Aside from those, I very much like the additions of Mine & Blade 2: Battlegear in combination with Dynamic Sword Skills.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft... made me go modded
Buildcraft... still best for automation (gates ftw)
Logistic Pipes... still best for logistics

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
In no particular order...

1. RotaryCraft
2. ReactorCraft
3. ChromatiCraft

They're the ones I'm enjoying the most, right now. I'm preparing to setup a fission reactor on a server which will, according to my tests, net me a sweet 900MW of power.

Reactions: Wraithflay

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
In no particular order...

1. RotaryCraft
2. ReactorCraft
3. ChromatiCraft

They're the ones I'm enjoying the most, right now. I'm preparing to setup a fission reactor on a server which will, according to my tests, net me a sweet 900MW of power.
Good lord man, that's the sort of fantasy fairy tale technology I can't even aspire to, much less actually manage! xD

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'll give ya the setup I'm using, if that'd help..

Code:
     SS
     SS
     SS
     RR
     BB
SSSRBCCBRSSS
SSSRBCCBRSSS
     BB
     RR
     SS
     SS
     SS

S = HSLA Steel Block
R = Neutron Reflector
B = Steam Boiler
C = Fuel Core

3 layers produces approx. 900MW of power
Output thru a turbine generator is approx. 1.9 million RF/t

The fuel core temps (at around Y65 in a rainbow forest biome) never seem to go beyond 200C, so the reactor is very safe. Supply it with plenty of water, and you'll have no problems.

Reactions: Wraithflay

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft for the awesome stone variants.

Thaumcraft for all the cool toys.

And Rotarycraft for the challenge and engineering.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
  1. SquidUtils
  2. PackGuard
  3. StarStones
Shameless plug :3
Hubris much? :p

I have too many favorites, but I'll point out that I like most mob mods, like Ender Zoo. Have to tweak settings to make them spawn in appropriate biomes, but I know my pack will spawn Void Monsters in Enviromine's Cave World, mwahahah... :D

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I have finally gotten really into MineChem and OMG so much that you are able to do.
The...Monster days, I think it was, were quite interesting, thanks to MineChem. Ever gone skating across the water while high on cocaine? My only real disappointment with that mod was that LSD didn't have any hallucinogenic effects, that would've been cool.

(Yeah, the moment I figured out I could make drugs in Minecraft, I started experimenting with drug-laced cookies. Cocaine never seemed to go away without milk, and a lot of them seemed to cause nausea, which was unfortunate.)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
The...Monster days, I think it was, were quite interesting, thanks to MineChem. Ever gone skating across the water while high on cocaine? My only real disappointment with that mod was that LSD didn't have any hallucinogenic effects, that would've been cool.

(Yeah, the moment I figured out I could make drugs in Minecraft, I started experimenting with drug-laced cookies. Cocaine never seemed to go away without milk, and a lot of them seemed to cause nausea, which was unfortunate.)
Yeah, I made a super secure vault with like one of every door in the game to secure my cocaine farm @__@, but because it's currently in kind of a transition mode/area I'll be mine tweaking the hell out of it.