What is your favorite mod and why.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
Title says it all. I'll start

Witchery. I really like the potion brewing, it is like the author took something almost unused in modded, and made it amazing

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
ICBM is always fun.
maxresdefault.jpg

K

k2aj

My favorite mod is Gregtech5 Unofficial. I just absolutely love all the complexity it brings into the game.

However, the amount of grinding required to get started is just absolutely ludicrous. Which is why I usually use it with something like TiC or Railcraft to make gathering resources in the early game a little bit easier.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Railcraft, because trains, but also because it can do all the things other mods can and in a slightly cooler way. I know it's got it's problems, but there's nothing cooler than seeing trains running around my base, doing things, instead of one all in one pipe/cable doing things invisibly.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech.. easily. Love the feel of the mod, adore how the machines interact with eachother and what the finished machine room ends up looking like (Since i am not a good builder like say rhn who can make a pile of dirt look like a castle i am sure :) ). Also it is flexible and I don't need to rely so much on other mods to get things done.

Runner up is botania, again because of the feel of the mod, how much I can do with just that one mod alone and it looks sooo pretty!!!

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I have only recently tried a sky blocks world with sky factory 3, and I really like the flux networks mod. It makes sense to have a "power only" high-capacity alternative to tesseracts / dimensional transceivers. Now we just need something similar for fluids. :)

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Ender Tanks from Ender Storage has you covered.
I use those quite a bit, but they seem to lack the throughput to handle some cases (like providing reactor turbines with steam). Maybe they could if better conduits existed.

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Do you know, I wondered how this thread was going to go, but its great that you've left it as subjective as it should be when it comes to opinion - not "what is the best", but "what is your favourite"! :) Its really interesting to hear what it is about different mods that really inspire different people.

As for me, I find it hard to pin down just one, but I actually think Tinker's Construct might well be it.

I discovered TiCon before the advent of the mega-crossbows (which are fine, in my opinion) which many people label "OP"; when I first found it, it was a little-known mod that was part of the Hexxit modpack, and I just... LOVED it. Building your own weapons, making improved materials, pouring molten metal out into casts?! It was AWESOME. I loved the look of it, the functionality, the progression, everything. And I feel like TiCon2 is an excellent sequel, so I will include that too - the wonderful "cooling" visuals on the metals, the added functionality with touching tables, the wide variety of material traits - its a great iteration on a great idea!

Honourable mentions go to: SGCraft, Chisel, Chisels & Bits, Thaumcraft (all versions!) and Immersive Engineering. Also Actually Additions (LOVE those item models!), Redpower2, and the original Applied Energistics (for the spatial storage, holy crap!!!). And Thermal Expansion - all versions, right from the start! :)

Reactions: MrMonsterGuy18
B

bluebard

My all time favorite mod is Thermal expansion.
This mod provides fine looking features which take a role of reliable backbone, with comfortable friendly manner and fancy look.
For me the most exciting moment through the whole gameplay is at the beginning and early stage, not at the endgame. :)

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Right now I don't really have a "favorite mod". I just use whatever I've been used to in previous playthroughs.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Right now I don't really have a "favorite mod". I just use whatever I've been used to in previous playthroughs.
Now that's interesting - are there no mods that have particularly stuck out in your mind as being fun to mess around with? Or even utility mods that you couldn't live without?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Now that's interesting - are there no mods that have particularly stuck out in your mind as being fun to mess around with? Or even utility mods that you couldn't live without?

I have the same feeling. I don't tend to focus on mods when I play. I tend to try to immerse in the world and use whatever tool I can find to accomplish my goal. That's why I also don't really have favorite mods.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I have the same feeling. I don't tend to focus on mods when I play. I tend to try to immerse in the world and use whatever tool I can find to accomplish my goal. That's why I also don't really have favorite mods.
Ah I see! That's really interesting! I find myself getting really absorbed into certain mods - a good example would be Thaumcraft: I find that I get drawn into the "story" of it - even going back to Thaumcraft 2, the lore and the... character... of the mod really appealed to me. Likewise Immersive Engineering - there was something about watching the conveyor belts trundling along, the big crusher spinning away, the wires dangling from post to post in a manner reminiscent of what you see in real life, that I really got a kick out of! I'd just look at them and get that little spark of enjoyment - that never seemed to go away, I found.

I think thats partly why Actually Additions has so appealed to me as well - it sounds quite trivial, but the wonderful textures and block models on things like the canola press, fermenting barrel and generators really make the whole thing just pop as a mod - I love using it when I can, because I like having it around! Does that make sense?

I guess my surprise comes from the thought that, in all those mods, even though you use what you can to solve the problems at hand, there isn't one that makes you go "oh that's COOL" more than any others!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I really can't narrow it down to a favorite mod. It's really hard, lol.

I will say my favorite THING is the Angel Block. If I had to play otherwise vanilla minecraft for the rest of my life, it would be OK as long as I have a stack of Angel Blocks.

U

Unistic

I don't have a favorite but favorites. RF Tools (Dimensions are a powerful thing), Reika's mods (Rotarycraft, Electricraft,Reactorcraft, Chromaticraft) because they are unique and just awesome to play with. Building a real working reactor is just an awesome feeling. And then finally Thaumcraft and almost all addons. I could play a pack with just Thaumcraft and nothing else and be happy.