What is your favorite FTB texture pack?

Jennifer Stuart

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so quick question. I've been using Sphax (x128 I think) for quite a while, and I'd really like it, but I'd like to try something different. The problem I'm finding is that many of the other texture packs are missing a handful of textures, such as for Xychorian blocks. I'd like something in the x128 range (maybe a little lower), but darker than Sphax, and with as much compatibility to FTB Ultimate as possible. I've tried John Smith and I like it except for the missing textures. What are your favorite textures? What do you suggest that I try?

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
I go with Faithful 32x. You get the original feel of Minecraft, but with a little boost (it also makes it easier to tell what ores are which than with vanilla).

Reactions: RedBoss

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
Painterly is pretty nice.
Just needs a tweaking as some mods (xycraft for example) are incorrectly foldered

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
John Smith Technicians Remix is the way I go. The only issue I sometimes have is the Powersuits TInker Table doesn't like non-standard fonts, but that seems to happen even with Faithful.

Reactions: Zica

Jennifer Stuart

Jul 29, 2019
John Smith Technicians Remix is the way I go. The only issue I sometimes have is the Powersuits TInker Table doesn't like non-standard fonts, but that seems to happen even with Faithful.

Isn't John Smith missing some textures, such as the xycraft blocks? I'll have to check it out again, but my problem was that some of the blocks I use often seemed to be missing from John Smith.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, on my one there's no XyCraft block textures at least. It's also got no texture for Forestry's Alveary Hygroregulator, some Extra Bees items, the Whistle Tuner from Railcraft, a few of the newer Twilight Forest textures and the Redpower Frame Motors when they're moving something.
But I don't really use the XyCraft blocks much. The odd Valve for a multiblock tank and the Fabricators for autocrafting, sometimes the soil, but that's about it. I don't really notice it much myself, so it doesn't bother me. Even less so since sometimes I borrow textures from other packs.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
With the way the mods update, and playing 1.5 mods in custom packs, I tend to just use vanilla. It also helps for me to stay on vanilla since my PC is starting to show its age and optifine is useless to me when using texture packs.

I loved John Smith in vanilla but in modded MC I couldn't learn the mods with the textures of blocks being so different from the wiki or tutorials. Also John Smith fools you into thinking you're a good builder. All of the wood colors match. The other textures work so well together but when you switch to vanilla, your builds look ridiculous. I'd rather build it in vanilla firs, then switch to the texture pack so that people on the server don't clown me.

Faithful is also one that I love

Thewafflier

Jul 29, 2019
No, but in all seriousness, Greatwood is an amazing pack that can cure diseases. And is more fun than looking at cats on the internet.

NosePicker5555

Jul 29, 2019
NOTHING is better than a kitteh on the interwebs. Diseases are simple. But seriously, kitties on the interwebs? You cannot, i repeat, CANNOT beat that.
*And Cats

Reactions: RedBoss

Thewafflier

Jul 29, 2019
Editted it.

star-wars-darth-vader-no.gif

Razor

Jul 29, 2019
I like Sphax not because of Yogscast or any of that,cause Sphax is very flexible and can fit with any mod,it seems.