What is your favorite FTB texture pack?

NosePicker5555

Jul 29, 2019
I like Sphax not because of Yogscast or any of that,cause Sphax is very flexible and can fit with any mod,it seems.
The only thing i don't like about it is, that the Pointer thing? I guess. Lower texture quality makes it VERY unappealing.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
Soartex is mine, I personally can't stand Sphax. It didn't even have a customizer until recently and I hate how he made the mobs look derpy instead of cute like JohnSmith or Soartex. (Also his diamond block is ugly, you don't even craft it with wood. >_>)

I wish JohnSmith would support more than tech mods. If it supported things like Thaumcraft and Twilight Forest I would use it over Soartex.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer a mix of LB Realism, NP, T42, and Soartex. LB for the base, Soartex for most of the machines, Gui, and the cc stuff, T42 for thermal expansion machines, and NP for everything else.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Isabella II is only not perfect because the autumn woods biome doesn't look too good in it, but it still gets my vote.
I love Greatwood and Familiar yet Different as well. WHO NEEDS MORE THAN 16X16 PIXELS

Reactions: Cman333

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I use a customised Misa for the vanilla MC, with Battered Old Stuff, T42, John Smith and Sphax for the mods (in that order), with my own efforts on world gen and some items to fit more to Misa worldgen.

Unfortunately, the higher the res, the more work is involved in creating textures, so the less options there are. So most people who use the higher res packs do tend to make their own personal hybrid texture pack to maximize the number of items at that high res.

Stonecycle

Jul 29, 2019
Isabella II doesn't have the atrocious colors of Default or the terrible bucket-tool fills of Familiar Yet Different, and that's why it gets my vote.

AlphaGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I like Faithful 32x and Sphax 32x. My PC is crap and even with Optifine I still get bad FPS. (I can't be bothered to check which Forge versions Optifine likes, so I get lots of [SEVERE]s in the console :p lol).