What is the Scarecrow and what does it do?

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
When I watch many of Direwolf20's Let's Play videos, I occasionally see an item called the Scarecrow when he looks in NEI. I've been wondering, what's the Scarecrow and what does it do in FTB? Also, what mod (if it belongs to any mod) does it come from.

OniBait

Jul 29, 2019
It is from extra biomes and currently does nothing but look kinda neat (like a snow golem, but more useless).

Reactions: RedBoss

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
It is from extra biomes and currently does nothing but look kinda neat (like a snow golem, but more useless).
Thanks. I kind of wish they were useful though. I imagine that if one could place it down in a farm, it would keeps mobs from trampling on his crops.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
If you put a fence with a block on the the top (such as a wooden fence with wood blocks) then it'll block all mobs, including spiders, from getting into the fenced in area. You can also use stone fences or glass panes to get the same effect.

Slidingmike

Jul 29, 2019
Or as the OP said, it would look cooler if the scarecrow scared mobs away. Only when a tilled ground or such was detected.

Slidingmike

Jul 29, 2019
I guess if your implying on how the scare crow would act yes. I'm thinking persay a 5 x 5 area of tilled ground with a scarecrow would perhaps prevent, or scare mobs coming in that 5x5. The difference here being scarecrows only work for tilled ground and cats work wherever.

Reactions: Dravarden