What is the most overpowered mod in your opinion (NO ORESPAWN)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
I genuinely like any argument in gaming that goes "its awesome because its awesome". Something to keep in mind in game design :)
More game designers should study Awesomology... Is that a course in college/uni? If not, why are we not funding this? God dammit schooling system! Get your crap together!

The RF storage ball thing is really cool looking and definitely gives the "This is the heart of my base" sci-fi feel, but the rest of the mod makes me want to claw out my eyes. Minecraft is 16-bit textures, damnit >.<
Yeah, I will also admit, they went slightly overboard with the 64x64 textures, and doesn't feel like Minecraft at all... I still think they look cool, but they should really be in 16x16 :/

thefnitalian

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like Extra Utilities is OP just based on its utility. Almost every block in the mod makes the grind so much easier from generators to the builders wand. It is one of my go to mods for any overpowered play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zandorum

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Im kinda "meh" about the Draconic energy sphere myself. For one, spheres in minecraft? Secondly, why does anyone need that much power storage? Either you use RF or you dont. Power generation is where the fun is at. Third, what is it even supposed to be? The enderIO capacitor bank is my energy storage medium of choice because it looks appropriately technical with the in/out RF display. And I strongly dislike all of the DE textures.

Oh and the tools are a total ripoff of the Thaumic Tinkerer Ichorium set, from appearance to functionality, to their names.

Last edited:

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC the developer said that himself.
That's actually kind of funny to me for some weird reason. I also remember Vaskii complaining on twitter about how she hates KAMI and it's the worst thing she ever made, in which I kindly disagree. I haven't used KAMI much, other than for testing purposes, and it's OP, I will admit. I am not denying that. However, sometimes I don't think that OP is entirely a bad thing. Sure balance is nice, but think about some items and features that you use. Technically speaking, the light level and chunk barrier thing in NEI (Some say it's in forge, but no, it's in NEI. I've tested it) is cheating, hell F3 is cheating as that's debug information, and we aren't meant to see that information. Do I think they should be removed? No! Not in a thousand years. I been using F3 since I first started playing MInecraft back in 1.2.5. And I been using the light feature in NEI since I've known about it. (I don't remember when I started using those features in NEI :p) Point is, OP isn't necessarily bad in all cases. I don't know what lead me on this rant, but I said it anyway >.>

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually kind of funny to me for some weird reason. I also remember Vaskii complaining on twitter about how she hates KAMI and it's the worst thing she ever made, in which I kindly disagree. I haven't used KAMI much, other than for testing purposes, and it's OP, I will admit. I am not denying that. However, sometimes I don't think that OP is entirely a bad thing. Sure balance is nice, but think about some items and features that you use. Technically speaking, the light level and chunk barrier thing in NEI (Some say it's in forge, but no, it's in NEI. I've tested it) is cheating, hell F3 is cheating as that's debug information, and we aren't meant to see that information. Do I think they should be removed? No! Not in a thousand years. I been using F3 since I first started playing MInecraft back in 1.2.5. And I been using the light feature in NEI since I've known about it. (I don't remember when I started using those features in NEI :p) Point is, OP isn't necessarily bad in all cases. I don't know what lead me on this rant, but I said it anyway >.>
I was actually going to create a joke post titled "Coming out" in which I admitted I like OP mods and wrote stuff like "I'm going to tell my parents after I post this", but didn't because I thought it could be offensive to some people (don't blame me).

I believe in playing whichever mod is fun, I agree with you completely.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
inb4 I make a mod that restricts those things and makes them require crafting... hmm... I might do that and see how much it culture shocks people.

Mechanos

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this isn't too much of a necro. Figured I should post here before making a new thread about it.

Can someone explain to me what the OP parts of Mekanism and Rotarycraft is? Including if it's interaction with other mods that cause it to become OP. There seem to be a lot of varying opinions, without direct examples.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this isn't too much of a necro. Figured I should post here before making a new thread about it.

Can someone explain to me what the OP parts of Mekanism and Rotarycraft is? Including if it's interaction with other mods that cause it to become OP. There seem to be a lot of varying opinions, without direct examples.
Mekanism:
-Crusher can turn Flint into Gun Powder.
-Power Generation extremely strong and cheap.
-Digital Miner too easy to craft, out classes most mining machines and still out classes all of them in other ways.
-All the Recipes are too Easy and out classes most of the other Tech Mods.
-Osmium/Bronze Tools are too good for how easy they are to acquire.
-Steel is too easy to make, You get it much earlier than most mods.
-Control Circuits can be used in place of Circuits for IC2 and they are much easier to make, making IC2 easier.
-Teleportation is too cheap.
-It's "Barrel" (The "Bin") is debatably too easy to make.
-Atomic Disassembler is too cheap for how good it is.

Rotarycraft:
-A majority of the things people say are OP in this mod are debatable, I do not feel like anything in this mod is overpowered due to the work, not the materials but the mental work and time consumption it takes to do said work; It also requires a full understanding of the mod to use to the fullest extent. In short its a mod that based off of your skill, the better you are at the mod the better the outcome; some people find skill OP. I will not go anything further than this with this mod.

Last edited:
O

OsmanOsman88

ok i made an account just to reply to this
avartia
project E
project e is to op you legit can make a talism farm (no other mods needed) and create like a stack of diamonds per/s

also if you say all this is hard its legit just like 1 mining trip + 1 nether portal and thats it basically

thefnitalian

Jul 29, 2019
avartia
project E
project e is to op you legit can make a talism farm (no other mods needed) and create like a stack of diamonds per/s

also if you say all this is hard its legit just like 1 mining trip + 1 nether portal and thats it basically
Explain so that I may create said farm.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
avartia
project E

I1gQAI0.jpg