What is the fastest way to get rid of a mountain.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yashagoro

Jul 29, 2019
Okay guys I've been thinking for awhile that I need to expand the Unleashed mudpack world is a big and beautiful world (Full of god damn Eucalyptus trees). My house just seems to be in the worst position. I believe I have only seen five biomes so far. Extreme Hills,Extreme Hills Edge,Swamp,Desert Oilfield,and Desert. I want to build a city but there are so many mountains there isn't much flat land for my structures.

So I was wondering what is the fastest and cleanest way to level these mountains. I was going to just mine them out but that seems out of the question because they are so huge and so many of them.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Fillers are very good at clearing out large spaces if you have enough power.

Also, the Hammer and Excavator from TiC are good for clearing out large swathes at a time if you have a Tool Forge.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if Unleashed has the right mod(might be Metallurgy) but HE TNT is a very !!!FUN!!! way to level a mountain. If you have the resources you could always go the Nuke or exploder Nuke Reactor route.

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft force drill with speedV + area mode(right click to change) + rod of speed(gives you haste)

Instant-mine 3x3x3 area.(fater than TNT)

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
I did this in Mindcrack where we made a town and 3 of us had to move huge mountains ! We used mining lasers set to explosive mode ! Amazing results and we also tried the terraformer with the flat option but it sucks soo much power it isn't even funny !

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
He was not asking for the 'best' way. He was asking for the fastest way. Nukes are the fastest way :)

I am ignoring the "cleanest" part on purpose.

Reactions: Lord Wumbo

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
i`m pretty sure ICBM has cooler tools for the job than IC2 nuke.

But no server wants to use ICBM anymore :( owners just don't seem to like fun nowadays.

For the mountain, I'd say the filler is the best way to go if you have the power, but if you don't the wand of excavation is a good way to do it. Quarries work too, but are more power consuming than fillers.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
But no server wants to use ICBM anymore :( owners just don't seem to like fun nowadays.

For the mountain, I'd say the filler is the best way to go if you have the power, but if you don't the wand of excavation is a good way to do it. Quarries work too, but are more power consuming than fillers.
its kinda sad that MC community is that way...

i personally highly against using filler for that task, because(if nothing has been changed) it creates a lot of lag due to items on the ground.
if mount content doesnt matter, then quarry with void pipe on top.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
its kinda sad that MC community is that way...

i personally highly against using filler for that task, because(if nothing has been changed) it creates a lot of lag due to items on the ground.
if mount content doesnt matter, then quarry with void pipe on top.

The items despawn within a second, so that the filler isn't usable as a cheap quarry.

Reactions: Loufmier