What is an end game item/setup?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Death-A-Lot

Jul 29, 2019
I keep on reading posts where people say such and such an item or setup is part of the end game and shouldn't be used too early. But surely there is no end game in Minectraft, only whatever you have set in your mind.

Yes you can defeat the Ender Dragon (which I've yet to do) but it isn't game over when you are successfull.

So what do you actually mean when you are saying its an end game item/setup?

acc1dent

Jul 29, 2019
Iridium Ore, and subsequently Quantum Armor, could be considered an "End Game" item, due to the power and scrap requirements to produce Iridium at a good rate.

They are probably referring to items like this that just take a really long time to create unless you have a very solid setup within a certain mod. Every mod has a sort of "progression" that they follow. Usually more simple, easily created machines and features come first. Then later on you are able to upgrade them, or create better versions, or create new things entirely which continue to enhance your abilities within the mod.

There is nothing that "shouldn't be used too early," since it is completely up to you how you play. However, you will find great difficulty obtaining "End Game" items early on, and it may not be worth the time sink then, compared to when you are more solidly established in the particular mods.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Defeating ender dragon is just the beginning of the game. I think end game is when you are bored with the game and afk-ing is the only thing you do most of the time (waiting for uum), or when the same modded minecraft gets repetitive after several restarts and you are searching for new mods/ add-on that can make the game more interesting.

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
I see a endgame item or a pack of feature items you can produce beeing the ones that are very rare resource hungry. And with DW20 and mindcrack packs items and features that require a lot of energy to build.

But its like was said before, you can make some automated farms a nice house... and call that endgame.
Personaly i call my maps ''endgame maps'' when i have to walk 15 minutes inside my base to see all the stuff i have built.

cumpz

PS: try to make a gravichestplate..... in mindcrack pack... you'll feel the acomplishment of an endgame item.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Unium, slight correction needed in your signature. 3th should be 3rd :D

15 minutes to get through your base, wow, that's big.

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019
When you no longer say "I need more power." Also once you've accomplished what you've wanted to structure wise. Realistically end-game is whatever you set your goal to be.

I'd like to recreate springfield from the simpsons, nuclear power plant and all. Each house should be powered with basic machines inside etc etc. I may never achieve this as it's a huge build but damn it... it's my goal lol.

Reactions: un worry

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to recreate springfield from the simpsons, nuclear power plant and all. Each house should be powered with basic machines inside etc etc. I may never achieve this as it's a huge build but damn it... it's my goal lol.
That's really cool!

I'm playing the Magic World mod pack and I kind of have an idea of what my end-game would be... Basically I want to defeat all the bosses (vanilla + Twilight Forest), never had a chance to do in Vanilla so here's the time to do so, and create some cities, all from each other. They will be connected by roads but ultimately I want to use the portals Ars Magicka is introducing, they're really useful. Also, I want to mess with EVERYTHING in Thaumcraft and Ars Magicka, the latter has its own "end-game" which is an Arch-Mage tower that spawns only one per map!

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
Unium, slight correction needed in your signature. 3th should be 3rd :D

15 minutes to get through your base, wow, that's big.
Fixed, thank you. :D

Yeah... my base is allready about 16 chunks in diameter, and its not only on lvl 60, i'm also building below and up with towers to manage all my windmill space, wich is alot when you start to stack them side to side.

This is one of the few times that i'm running out of space in some areas i built and not be exausted in my mind thinking about all the stuff combined. And i'm allways speaking of mindcrack pack wich is what i'm playing atm. Last week i finished some part of my biofuel production, and i felt kind of overwelmed, so i gather a bunch of random stuff and went to my thaumcraft sub-base making some reseach..... What i'm trying to say with this is that you can allways turn around and do something else either minimalistic or the biggest construction you ever made. its really up to you and what you want to do with the time you have to play.

cumpz

Death-A-Lot

Jul 29, 2019
As I suspected the term End Game is whatever you make it to you personally.

For example my game could be about building every item from each mod in the pack and then when I'm on the last mod ( if I did it mod by mod), then that is what I would call my end game.

That's the problem I have with the term. You read people using it and think well does it actually mean anything in a game like this?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
things like all of the really high cost stuff in gregtech, ridiculous amounts of materials either quarried out of the earth or made in some sort of factory, if you do bee's, breeding them until you have the ultimate bee of every type with all of the best attributes (like cave dwelling, flying, nocturnal, no damage effects, etc) those are just some of the goals i have personally :)

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
My endgame is just having enough materials to go around building crazy machines/contraptions to automate silly tasks.

Spawn Farmers, crop harvesters, etc. The more automated and steps involved the better.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
In game items I would say could be things like the Quantum suit + gravchest where you are basically invincible.
An endgame setup in my opinion is you have power/energy that you can call on at all times when ever you need it for as long as you need it. You have all the items to craft anything you need and you have all the machines to make anything you want and the ability to make/gather as much of anything as you want/need.

Basically a legit creative mode would be my endgame.
If your on a server pretty much that, and the ability to supply everyone on the server with as much items as they will ever use if they need them would be endgame for me.

things like all of the really high cost stuff in gregtech, ridiculous amounts of materials either quarried out of the earth or made in some sort of factory, if you do bee's, breeding them until you have the ultimate bee of every type with all of the best attributes (like cave dwelling, flying, nocturnal, no damage effects, etc) those are just some of the goals i have personally :)

I almost added something for bees like this until I messed with the extra bees machines and they make this pretty much easy mode.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
I'll consider my game done when I have an extra Bee bred for longest life, fastest production and can produce all raw materials I need from them alone :D

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
End game is when you have set a goal and achieved it, and you quit mindcraft and do something else. End game is something that should be avoided. Good mods give you endless stuff to 'do'. Bad mods give you overpowered items that once you made them make you go 'meh' and quit.

Reactions: Zmaster27

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
End game is when you have set a goal and achieved it, and you quit mindcraft and do something else. End game is something that should be avoided. Good mods give you endless stuff to 'do'. Bad mods give you overpowered items that once you made them make you go 'meh' and quit.
If you get bored that easily in a sandbox game, there is something seriously wrong with your imagination.

Reactions: arkangyl

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
When you lose an election held by the 1k villagers you built a city for.
I Lawld so hard... haahhahah

Personaly... i don't like crazy village spawns on my world, like the ones that spawn on extreme hills borders halfway to a desert biome. So a nice endgame goal:

Go around your map and nuke the hell out of those pesky villagers that don't like to live in 60 block high houses. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1359183923][/DOUBLEPOST]
I Lawld so hard... haahhahah

Personaly... i don't like crazy village spawns on my world, like the ones that spawn on extreme hills borders halfway to a desert biome. So a nice endgame goal:

Go around your map and nuke the hell out of those pesky villagers that like to live in 60 block high houses. :D