What is a Good Modpack For Me?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DakuFaita

Jul 29, 2019
I've new to FTB and I was wondering any modpacks for beginners . I've heard Direwolf20 is pretty good if you also watch his videos as they are a guide. I've also heard Unleashed is pretty good, but it's not as updated as Direwolf20. I'm not super good with machines and stuff but I get the basics of most large mods. Something that is kind of a mix between adventuring and machines would be nice... Anyways, thanks for any help!

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
The DW20 pack is full of outdated mods afaik. Might be better off going with the new infinity pack or one of the 3rd party ones.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I'll try out infinity, but what 3rd party pack would you recommend?
Theres so many...most of them are way too big for me to even consider but the mechanical Titan one seems to have just about everything and no altered recipes or any of that Hardcore Quest mod shenanigans. Id go with that but disable a bunch of mods first.

DakuFaita

Jul 29, 2019
Theres so many...most of them are way too big for me to even consider but the mechanical Titan one seems to have just about everything and no altered recipes or any of that Hardcore Quest mod shenanigans. Id go with that but disable a bunch of mods first.
Alright, appreciate the help and fast response!

Reactions: epidemia78

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
if you like to stick to the FTB launcher and prefer kitchensinks, try out Direwolf20 or Infinity. though Direwolf20 isn't really being updated anymore due to a few reasons.
if you like playing packs with a story behind them, try out the 3rd party modpacks. if you're not sure what 3rd party pack to play, just check the modlists and pick the ones with modlists that you like.