What if you could use only one mod?!

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, to be fair, with BTW, it's more that you CAN'T use other mods (at least none of the important ones work), but sure, it is quite a complete mod by itself I guess.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, BTW is kind of allround, but i personally do not like it that much, strange stuff inside...
Uhm, so for tech mods, it is definitely Minechem, or at least will be as soon as it is working properly on my machine.
For mods in general, a dimensionmod it will be, maybe Aether, maybe Twilight forest, depending on mood, even or odd week etc.

Screw it, I forgot about EE.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I actually tried this once and used redpower. It worked out really well until the game crashed and my frame quarry got corrupted. :(

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I might want to change my vote to ComputerCraft though, having played with it a bit lately, it really has a lot of potential if you put some time in coding/searching for programs.

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
for me tossup between CC RP and Terrafirma
@ ApSciMorgs
conformist? no, Logical? yes.
for the last 3 months we have all been feeling the abscence of redpower so it makes sense that Redpower is the first thing to come to our minds, buildcraft is awesome railcraft is better but Redpower, there is no substitute....so far. its too bad that so many things changed in forge or Elo would have been able to update, ironic though... i could have sworn Elo was on the development team......?

Gatlin96

Jul 29, 2019
It's a total toss-up for me between IndustrialCraft, both for its early game usefullness and late game hijinks, and RedPower for it's overall scope.

Domingo_Chavez

Jul 29, 2019
I'd have to go with Industrialcraft, because it adds the most content by itself. Automation from Redpower and Buildcraft are good, but they are much better when they have other mods to automate, such as Industrialcraft, Forestry, and Railcraft.

Lacunanight

Jul 29, 2019
If I was to only use one mod it would have to be Rei's Minimap because I tend to get lost quite often, or I would try my hand at Steamcraft. While I enjoy the industrial side, sometimes it would be fun to use mods that seem to work well as a single addition.

icedale

Jul 29, 2019
If one and only one mod was available I have to say I'd join the Better Than Wolves crew :)

Mutabulis

Jul 29, 2019
I really, really want to be able to say railcraft, but its just too hard to use without buildcraft.

RP2 gets another vote.

Muffindude414

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone says RP2.

I love it, it’s really cool, but I will never sway from my absolute final decision of Industrialcraft, and I'll tell you why.

When I first began playing Minecraft with mods, it was beta 1.8. I had 4 mods, Industrialcraft, buildcraft, Millenaire, and treecapitator.

Later, I added redpower... a good bit later.

But regardless. I had never really played with IC2 anymore, or any mods. Buildcraft was fairly content-less. I'm not sure that it had conductive pipes, I didn't even know about them if they were there. Really, buildcraft was quarries and pipes, and the occasional mining well. Millenaire, I never really did anything with. There was a village near my house, (And a vanilla village, a small one) But I never really did anything with them, they were boring. Treecapitator, I've really never played with since.

But IC2, it was great. It was a whole new adventure, where I was rushing back to the wiki every few minutes just to see what new (To me) thing I could craft. When I began, I knew the macerator, the electric furnace, and solar panels. I was determined to do it right, and kept building. I started by making a little hole in the ground. I made some solar panels and some machines. The details are fuzzy, and I won't tell the whole story, but I spent a lot of time seeing what I could make. I ended up with a half built construction foam castle, a huge rail line, a million underground farms, and a big above ground one, (That floated), with a bunch of outposts, and one huge quarry that had a cool Jeffery-tube like hut for the engines and stuff. All my time was spent exploring and making things, from scanners to jet packs, and just being fascinated with all the amazing stuff. No matter what, I could never let go of the mod that gave me some amazing memories. I've since lost all backups of that world, to accidental deletion, or corruption, or some other things. But IC2 just holds a special place in my heart. RP2 I awesome, but I can live without it. Rather easily actually, even though I miss my infinite cobble supply.

Anyway, everyone has their favorite, but I love IC2. I won’t rag on anyone else’s choices, but there’s my choice. Thanks for reading!

TL;DR IC2 Freaking rules, I will accept no other arguments.

Reactions: nicktonton

Stellastronza

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

"Fun" question: What if you could use only one mod.

Which mod (and why) would it be?

-For me it clearly is RedPower 2 because of its cemplexity and just for having something for every area (logic, mining, sorting, beautyfication")

-edit: don´t name Forge, I know, that many mods depend on it ;)
I'd personally go for IC2. But in truth I cannot pick one.. It's too hard.