What if you could use only one mod?!

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

"Fun" question: What if you could use only one mod.

Which mod (and why) would it be?

-For me it clearly is RedPower 2 because of its cemplexity and just for having something for every area (logic, mining, sorting, beautyfication")

-edit: don´t name Forge, I know, that many mods depend on it ;)

Reactions: SunVenus

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
hm... i haven´t considered "gameplay improving" mods... nice choice ... you get so used to inv tweaks... i always ask myself, why mojang doesn´t implement these features^^
furthermore, i shuold add in my post, that forge doesn´t count ;) (despite it is for many mods really important ;))

D

Deleted member 188

I'd have to say it'd be a toss up between Industrialcraft and Mine Little Pony. Depends on how much I want my avatar to work.

BChart2

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine... XD And if I had a computer that didn't need Optifine, definitely redpower, because it is surprisingly playable as a standalone mod, and improves upon redstone greatly, which is my favorite vanilla mechanic.

Gewitters

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to go with the crowd here, but RP2 is my choice as well. The added utility it brings is what I notice the most when playing without it. Even working on large vanilla builds with no redstone makes me miss RP2 strictly for the lack of the micro blocks that make adding so much detail to a build easier.

Reactions: SunVenus

SunVenus

Jul 29, 2019
Oh bad wolf, you are cruel in asking this rhetorical question! A bad wolf indeed! If I could only use one mod, well, I'd probably have heart failure or at least a large-ish temper tantrum. Maybe ragequit Minecraft altogether. ;-) Just joshin'. But since this is a hypothetical question & my sanity and health are to remain intact (thus far), I'll have to follow the crowd and also go with RP2. Yes, it makes Minecraft useful... er, more useful. And yes, it adds fun & assistance in so many builds. But my favourite parts of RP2 are the beautification aspects mentioned by Gewitters and bad wolf. I adore detailing with microblocks (in addition to being helpful in what they can do technically) and may I just say: VOLCANOS! Yay volcanos! Hêphaistos is honoured. :) Another thing that makes me love RP2 is one some may consider trivial, or sexist, but I'll say it-- Eloraam devolped it and maintains it, so props to girlpower. The rules of the internets is that there are allegedly no girls on the internets, but we are here. Just wish I had Elo's talents!

Reactions: Gewitters

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower is very high in my consideration, however Computercraft is also a very good mod. So if I could not install redpower I would install Computercraft.

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
My initial thought was Redpower, seriously, it's scope is enormous.

Maybe Industrialcraft though for it's vastness.

But my slightly leftfield uber mod choice for a single mod game would be...

Portalgun Mod!

Love it, props to Ichun for being a genius.

Swaffer out

Sinful_Spartan

Jul 29, 2019
hmm. Just one mod that's tough. Personally it would probably drop down between computer craft and RP2 for since I mostly play minecraft for the technical aspect now(Curse you DW for making vanilla just not the same). As of now not having RP on my 1.3.2 is different but I lived with so overall I would have to say CC just because I will spend hours coding in Lua and plus it has got me playing at times where I though I wouldn't aka. the classic one more block.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Normal answer? RedPower 2. It has everything a Morgan could want in it...

Non-conformist answer? XyCraft. I mean... damn. That energy network. Just... damn.

damnedsky

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm gonna go against the flow and say that for now it would be a really hard choice between railcraft and forestry with railcraft having a slight advantage. I'm thinking world anchors, water collectors and detectors and carts and loaders and unloaders and...... well you get my point :)
It is very hard to play it without BC pipes but I still can make a fully automated cow farm ;)

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I personally like how the many mods integrate each other, an example is how a lot of blocks can receive items from pipes or tubes.

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
Well actually I just thought I do play on 1 instance with only 1 mod. Reason being is ts made to work only on its own and its awesome.

And that mod is: Better Than Wolves :D