What i think is going to happen with RedPower

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Well Im using a lot of RP machines - Magtube, Manager etc. But I dont know what else I can use. Im using them for my huge auto-crafting factory

I think that's the main issue: a lot of people don't know about the alternatives and don't want to spend time learning new things.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's the main issue: a lot of people don't know about the alternatives and don't want to spend time learning new things.

Thats right. I need to replace about 150 Managers if I have to. I have been looking at GT's machines for the same purpose but I can find the "manual" for them and I dont have much time for testing things because of my real life and work. Thats why I have automated so much so I dont even remeber when I have been mining.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Thats right. I need to replace about 150 Managers if I have to. I have been looking at GT's machines for the same purpose but I can find the "manual" for them and I dont have much time for testing things because of my real life and work. Thats why I have automated so much so I dont even remeber when I have been mining.

If you look at the Applied Energistics website for example you'll find a lot of proper documentation. GT is incredibly lacking in that regard.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Oh.... we are using MindCrack and we dont have AE :(
Mindcrack is hopelessly dependent on RP2. That pack has the least likelihood of updating than any other due to this. It's fairly easy to open your world in the ultimate pack and gain access to AE. At least then you could still keep RP2 and start experimenting with AE.

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone is talking about all these alternatives to RP2 but not giving any actual examples. As far as I am aware, there is not any other mod that does redstone like RP2 or anything similar to it. Honestly if I had a mod that did a redstone system like RP2 then I would not really care for RP2 all that much because the machines and pipes are not that great compared to what you can do with a combination of IC2, AE, BC, TE, ect..

Although I do like the microblocks system of RP2 A LOT better then Immbis Microblocks, if Immbis updated their microblock system to be as complete as RP2 and be compatible with the blocks added by other mods such as Forestry, Railcraft, IC2, BC, ExtraBiomes/Biomes-o-Plenty and so fourth, then Immbis would be amazing, but unfortantly it is a very limited alternative to RP2.

So yeah, there are mods that do the same functions as RP2, but RP2 is more powerful in those functions I would say.

(I really would like something thats 1.5 and does redstone like RP2)

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
redstone can be done with computers
I don't care for computer craft and it doesn't really work the same way.. I didnt mean the system of computer RP2 adds, I mean the RP2 wire system, sorry I guess I should have been more specific.

SkyBoy96

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone is talking about all these alternatives to RP2 but not giving any actual examples. As far as I am aware, there is not any other mod that does redstone like RP2 or anything similar to it. Honestly if I had a mod that did a redstone system like RP2 then I would not really care for RP2 all that much because the machines and pipes are not that great compared to what you can do with a combination of IC2, AE, BC, TE, ect..

Although I do like the microblocks system of RP2 A LOT better then Immbis Microblocks, if Immbis updated their microblock system to be as complete as RP2 and be compatible with the blocks added by other mods such as Forestry, Railcraft, IC2, BC, ExtraBiomes/Biomes-o-Plenty and so fourth, then Immbis would be amazing, but unfortantly it is a very limited alternative to RP2.

So yeah, there are mods that do the same functions as RP2, but RP2 is more powerful in those functions I would say.

(I really would like something thats 1.5 and does redstone like RP2)
MFR rednet. Booyah

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
For me, I'm done with waiting. It's been fun, and I still play my 1.4.7 world from time to time, but I'm not going to tie my world to a mod I have no faith will be ready to update when I am.
Really I think at this point even if Redpower 2 emerges for 1.6.x, FTB will likely just add config support and have it disabled by default. Too risky trying to wait for a mod author that is frankly unreliable. She can do whatever she wants, but we shouldn't be forced to wait for her.

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
Really I think at this point even if Redpower 2 emerges for 1.6.x, FTB will likely just add config support and have it disabled by default. Too risky trying to wait for a mod author that is frankly unreliable. She can do whatever she wants, but we shouldn't be forced to wait for her.
I simply just can't wait for the modding API to be released where waiting on updates will be a thing of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.