What happened to my thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHthe8th

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me where my server promotion thread went? It was in this private pack servers section. My server name is 4geCraft and my thread was up to 17 pages of posts/applications and seems to have disappeared in the last day or two for no reason and without any notification.

All my posts on it are no longer in my postings history, etc.

When I go to old email notifications I got from people posting in my thread I get

Feed the Beast - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

SilentR33p3r

Jul 29, 2019
Yours isn't the only one missing, I applied (and accepted) to 2 other servers, both threads have disappeared.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
smae here, I would like to know what has happened to my thread as well.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Moved to Web Feedback so an answer can be supplied.

Server Promotions on the FTB forums are for promoting packs available from the FTB launcher. Since FTB does not have a launcher currently capable of handling 1.6.x packs, you obviously aren't advertising FTB servers.

Existing servers previously using FTB packs that have updated to their own packs temporarily while holding for the launcher update have been given some grace. New servers posted in the past three months that have basically been exclusively running non-FTB packs have been removed and any new server posts made will also be culled.

FTB is not the server advertising nexus for all modded Minecraft. Please understand this.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
"Existing servers previously using FTB packs that have updated to their own packs temporarily while holding for the launcher update have been given some grace." Obviously this is not true, as my pack and thread was created more than three months ago and is now gone.

It is obvious that FTB has lost sight of the community and is more concerned with making money by creating shops and adding ad revune which has done nothing but delay the update to 1.6.4. This is proven yet again by these actions as well, packs that are trying to stay alive and grow, by using another method or launcher, as an interim measure to keep their packs active until FTB updates (if ever) are now being punished, great way to yet fail the community yet again.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Obviously this is not true, as my pack and thread was created more than three months ago and is now gone.
Incorrect. Your thread was created September 23, 2013. Today is December 3, 2013. By any objective standard that is less than three months old.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
oh, sorry I missed three months by a few weeks, .That was the thread creation time, not the period of time the pack has been around as it was tested for weeks before the thread was created.

Second that has nothing to do with "New servers posted in the past three months that have basically been exclusively running non-FTB packs have been removed and any new server posts made will also be culled." As the pack was 1.5.2 till about 2 weeks ago.

The whole goal of using another method to access the pack was so that the player base would not leave, in the wait for FTB to update. So FTB has decided to just drive away yet more of the community.

KHthe8th

Jul 29, 2019
whats the reasoning from removing packs not using the outdated FTB launcher packs? It would be one thing if FTB was updated to 1.6.4 and was in direct competition with other products like ATLauncher but server owners like myself and McyD are simply using other methods while we wait for FTB launcher to be updated.

I compare this forum to www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/, they both were initially intended to be solely for FTB things but everyone knows /r/feedthebeast is much more than just FTB now, it is the central hub for all minecraft modding discussions. Similar to how this forum was the central hub for all minecraft modded discussions and server promotion threads. At least until you went all forum nazi and deleted dozens of threads.

1.5 is close to dead now as everyone is playing on 1.6. Why not let us promote our 1.6 servers? That way when the FTB launcher is released, and we do switch to it, we already have a playerbase of people who will switch to it with us. This helps your business and your revenue and your product. I dont see how deleting our threads benefits you in the slightest.

Whats the harm in creating a subsection of the server promotion area for "Non FTB packs"

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so, first note because people glancing at this thread will notice something: When a moderator tells you to do something/stop doing something, the proper response is to please do as directed, not to keep doing it and making us play whack-a-mole with you. When you fail to do so, you accrue Warnings. Warnings eventually lead into temporary or even permanent bans.

As a corollary to that, if you are tempbanned and you create an account to circumvent that, you automatically become permanently banned from the forums. Just don't do it. If you have read the rules that should be readily understood. If it isn't obvious to you, well... you've been told.

Now then, sorry for that digression but it apparently needed to be noted.

Let me cover a few points in regards to people having issues with this decision:
  • These are the Feed The Beast forums, not the modded Minecraft forums. Our first priority is our own community here. While we're open for discussion of many topics involving modded Minecraft, we are not obligated to provide services (like Server Promotions) to general non-FTB users.
  • What /r/feedthebeast does is their own business. They are not directly affiliated with the FTB Team.
  • We know you haven't heard much in a long while and it makes you anxious. Slowpoke has a post coming tonight that will cover a lot of concerns and that has some exciting news including information on how private packs will be working going forward (in fact, if you're watching his stream right now, you're getting a sneak peek at this announcement).
To provide context on this decision, we discussed this over the weekend during a general FTB Team meeting. It was decided at that time that we would not allow 1.6.x private pack postings to continue and that, because we have no quickly verifiable what postings were made as 1.6.x initially vs. folks usually running FTB launcher packs but treading water between releases that we would remove the 1.6.x listings whose first post dates from September 1st, 2013 (three months), as at that point 1.6.x mods were generally propagating.

We do not have the staff bandwidth to pursue other solutions than to stop these postings and to say "wait until the launcher is updated". The moderation pool is very small relative to the amount of content the forums produce and we simply don't have the manpower to do a more manual sifting and making rules and verifying things like "do you have permissions to include these mods in your download?".

We know the wait has been long. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Your continued patience while this sorts out is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Reactions: Woodopriest

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Quick update for those waiting for the post I mentioned: Slow's post is, well, slow in the coming. He looked absolutely beat when he stopped streaming last night so I think he's catching up on some sleep before he sits down and drops that info for you all. Sorry for those waiting, we're only human here too though. =)

Edit to add: Post is now up. As you can see, it changes quite a few things and answers a few questions.

Last edited:

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
Nope not really except that all the private packs that did not meet the random cutoff date, have no way to update to the new system... well thanks for that.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
Have you read this thread? Because you telling me to recreate a post that has been delete would go against the "wack-a-mole" and "random cutoff date" ruling. Are you trying to get people banned from the forums by giving out bad advice?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Have you read this thread? Because you telling me to recreate a post that has been delete would go against the "wack-a-mole" and "random cutoff date" ruling. Are you trying to get people banned from the forums by giving out bad advice?
Well, if you don't like that option, then stop complaining and wait.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
It is not complaining, this is a discussion. It is not a matter of liking an option or not, bad advice that goes against what a Moderated has stated, in this thread no less, is still bad advice.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
It is not complaining, this is a discussion. It is not a matter of liking an option or not, bad advice that goes against what a Moderated has stated, in this thread no less, is still bad advice.
Nope not really except that all the private packs that did not meet the random cutoff date, have no way to update to the new system... well thanks for that.
That sure sounds like a complaint to me. There isn't a new system yet, because the launcher isn't out yet. So, no you can't update.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
Um, no... You obviously do not know the conversation.

Slowpoke stated that a system will be in place to update the current 1.5.2 private pack to 1.6.4.

However, all packs that were made after the randomly selected cutoff date have had their threads deleted and their packs removed.

Hence my response:

"Nope not really except that all the private packs that did not meet the random cutoff date, have no way to update to the new system... well thanks for that."

Status
Not open for further replies.