What happened in the last two weeks in the community?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
You could always go Flowerchild on it and call it "Better than GregTech"

Nah.
Also flowerchild made a addon to "FennTech" called "Better than having both forge and Fenn/GregTech" Ironically it cant run since it cant use forge.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Nah.
Also flowerchild made a addon to "FennTech" called "Better than having both forge and Fenn/GregTech" Ironically it cant run since it cant use forge.

Yeah, what is it with FlowerChild and forge? I heard he like, had a falling out with Eloraam with platforms and such so he went off in a huff.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, what is it with FlowerChild and forge? I heard he like, had a falling out with Eloraam with platforms and such so he went off in a huff.

He claimed that elo was stealing his code, mod and that forge was restricted, then he went insane.
Also, ironically his mod adds hemp... which is the butt of all jokes including him.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
It's a damn shame man,
He claimed that elo was stealing his code, mod and that forge was restricted, then he went insane.
Also, ironically his mod adds hemp... which is the butt of all jokes including him.
It's a god-damn shame man, Better than Wolves has always been and still is one of my favorite mods.
I loved how it added hemp! Back when I played it I loved how it added it without immediately demanding you to smoke the damn thing. It was handled well.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
KL came galloping in on his stead and carried me off into the sunset. Oh, drats ... no horses until the 1.6 release.

Mmm. I can wait.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
except for direwolf playing vanilla. it happened.

edit: i know i was waay late to the party, but meh.
If we're turning into people with psychic powers, we should stop soon.
And by that I mean REALLY soon.
Also, BTW was so great my first playthrough with it was the first time I made an actual base!

Reactions: dgdas9

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Technic was sold on amazon. It even says so on the website (Don't look too closely though)

but the buyer thought he bought a techno music album, so when he found out what Tekkit really was he immediatly threw it on ebay and Tekkit got sold for $4,31

Sub

Jul 29, 2019

Actually, it was back in the day when FC Eloraam Alblaka and Spacetoad were all working on forge. Flowerchild didn't like that Eloraam was modifying forge for Redpower and the mod itself was taking ideas from other mods(like pipes and flax etc.) and the other reason was Technic using forge to redistribute mods without permision along with other lesser known modpacks.

Well, it comes down to two things:

-My participation in the Forge has facilitated the creation of unauthorized mod-packs.
-I can't stand working with Eloraam.

I have nothing but respect for SpaceToad, but Eloraam's ever increasing trend of ripping-off functionality from other major Forge mods, and dominating the development of what was supposed to be a communal API to suit her own development agenda, turning it into this bloated mass that only she's able to maintain, is just not something I have any desire to collaborate with.