What happened in the last two weeks in the community?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
No, this is not a rant or some comment on how there is too much of 1 type of post.

My internet connection was broken for the last 11 days and my ISP took their sweet ass time to fix it. Now that it is fixed I want to know what I missed in the modding community, last big thing I know about is Thaumcraft 4 being public.

Main things I am interested in are alternatives to good mods, updates to good mods, and new good mods.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
As the self-appointed, self proclaimed TC expert of the site. -Snort.- I can safely say there are mixed feelings in the world about TC4's new research mechanic with it being so time demanding and involved, but people generally are taking to it well.

Also I'm a Well-Known now.

tumblr_lhgdrbvlW81qf82rr.gif

Reactions: the_j485 and dgdas9

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
This was within the last couple of weeks, and is relative to the FTB community, I joined the Wiki Editing Team, Staxed joined the Formatting team, The_J joined the Translation Team, and FunshineX switched to formatting. There is some semi-official MFR 1.6 port, TC4 exists, Wyld released a UHS2 Release Candidate 1, FTB store is up, there are sponsorships on the FTB sites due to it becoming a business, ForgeCraft 3 is up.

Reactions: the_j485

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Good to hear, new people helping out will be good. The biggest news to me is the MFR port, who is it done by and are all the features working? I know its open source, so "officialness" means nothing as long as it works.

The rest of the stuff was expected, but not ForgeCraft 3. Why not just bump FC1 up a version and bump FC2 up a version? Not my problem, just curious logic, or lack of.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I was trying to think of a smart-ass answer but brain no work tonight, so... Basically; we played minecraft. Everyone. At varying times.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I wrote a mod that everyone agreed was fun and balanced. Universal acceptance was deemed OP and my mod was deleted.

Red Power 3 was released. Direwolf20 played vanilla. IC3 made machines explosion proof. The Battletoads mod went into closed beta testing.

Other than that you missed nothing.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I wrote a mod that everyone agreed was fun and balanced. Universal acceptance was deemed OP and my mod was deleted.

Red Power 3 was released. Direwolf20 played vanilla. IC3 made machines explosion proof. The Battletoads mod went into closed beta testing.

Other than that you missed nothing.
You forgot forgecraft going public.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Heck, I'd post what **** did but they said they would ban players that talked about it.

(It had something to do with needing to craft climbing gear otherwise you couldn't jump up to a block above y=90) - I didn't say that. Whistles ... walks away.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The biggest news to me is the MFR port, who is it done by and are all the features working? I know its open source, so "officialness" means nothing as long as it works.
Well, that is unclear. There is no licence, but GitHub does say in their terms that by making the repository public you are allowing people to fork. However "fork" is not a well-defined legal term. It could well be interpreted as meaning that you can create your own version for personal use, but have no right to distribute that modified version. So the legitimacy of unsanctioned forks is dubious.