What file refreshes Village Generation for single player.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
I started FTB Infinity when it was 1.0 and recently they added villages that spawn with town walls and guards. I found a village and it didn't spawn with a wall or guards. Is there a village.dat file or something I can edit in with a Hex editor that I should delete so I can "refresh" my villager spawning mechanic so future villages spawn with the new additions?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
First, not all towns spawn with guards and walls. Thats the Witchery mods doing probably and it doesn't do it to all villages.

Next, there is a village.dat but it caches some info about generated villages. To regenerate the village you need to actually use a tool like MCEdit to delete the chunks.

Reactions: Skvapter

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
I have MC edit. Do villages always generate in the same chunks? If I erase a chunk won't it just have a random chance to generate a village instead?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Village generation depends on the map seed and the village.dat file.

This is due to the way minecraft generates the map one chunk at a time so it always needs to be ready to generate chunks from scratch that fit into the surrounding chunks.

Village.dat helps with this but even if deleted most villages will regenerate identically for a given seed.