What enchantments can go on the advanced diamond drill?

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
Any enchants a vanilla pick can have, but you have to put them on via enchanted books + Anvil.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Any enchants a vanilla pick can have, but you have to put them on via enchanted books + Anvil.
Yeah, and it's nearly impossible to get any of the vanilla pick enchantments other than Efficiency on books.

Silk Touch has a 1% chance and Fortune II a 1.73% and Fortune III a 0.5% chance.

That's Level 30 too. You want to use the full-monty if you're going for those.

I just got done going through just over 100 books, all Level 30. Finally got Silk Touch.

Now I'm debating whether to shove it on the Advanced Diamond Drill or the Vajra.

There's a spreadsheet that shows you all the probabilities items here:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:Enchant_Probabilities_1.4.6.zip

Note: It's not always best to go with Level 30 for every enchant.

Gammelfrog

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if your looking for good pick enchants on Books beside Efficiency, I recommend you go caving like a mad man and raid one dungeon after the other.
Because, as mentioned Before, the Chance of getting Silk Touch on a book is less then 1% (although, if youre going the "enchant-many-books" way i recommend enchanting your Book at lvl 18 instead of lvl 30... the chances for Silk Touch is the same)
So, go and raid some Dungeons because the chance of finding a Silk Touch book in a dungeon chest is significantly higher than getting it by enchant.

I found around 15 spawners and got 1 Silk Touch, 2 Fire Aspect II and 3 Fortune III books out of the chests.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
A good paper, cow and exp farm relegates the % chances of the rarer enchants to nearly nothing but time. With the new misc perphiral exp turtle upgrades maybe we'll be able to store unlimited exp again too.

The rarest enchants I've found so far on books have been charging, followed by repair. I have found in dungeons as many silk touches as made them, same with fortune and have a store house of nearly every enchant due to wanting charging.. lol.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
as stated above the xp/cow/cane farm is the easy way & excess non-useful books can be used in TC research or for there aspects "good source of magic aspect"