What does your Thaumcraft Room look like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
What liquids do you have in your portable tanks? I've got liquid red and liquid purple pointlessly being pipes around my thaumcraft base for effect, but I haven't found a good blue yet.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
What liquids do you have in your portable tanks? I've got liquid red and liquid purple pointlessly being pipes around my thaumcraft base for effect, but I haven't found a good blue yet.
You can fill in the "liquid dyes" in them. But for that particular blue, its a good ole bucket of water. Or four of 'em. ;)

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Too eager to get into TC before moving out of the cave results in a ...

j7BmK.png

... combination enchanting / mystcraft / TC lab. Three silverwoods out the back.

Igotj.png

"This is my Magma Crucible. There are many like it, but this one is mine."

TGyrF.png

Beginner caves often have space considerations. An Infernal Furnace does in fact work adjacent to Coke Ovens, unlike coke ovens to each other. Lack of a certain discovery has me catching output with an obsidian pipe. Input is the obsidian pipe tucked in the wall on the far right, and doubles as a garbage disposal. "Hiss" is more satisfying then the silence of a void pipe!

The funny thing is, it still looks amazing. :)

I have a little 6*6 Top tower room.. LOL.. As you can tell I have not done much with TC yet.. Just enough room to fit desk,and some of the first tear stuff.. I even fit in the 2nd tear crafting table.. I forgot the name but ist 3*3 I think... I have to go look again.. Dammit.. NOw I have to make a bigger room.. Grrrr... To much to do.

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
Obviously its not legit, but I really got lost in a "Hum.. what would a rather modern wizards lab look like" mood. Oh and I now know that I definately want to play around with the microblocks from RP quite some more. They're kind of a designers wet dream. ^^
*picturesnip*

That looks amazing! I'm going to have to play with microblocks more now that I see this. :p

Reactions: Freakscar

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Still very much a work in progress, I still have a LOT of research to finish, but here it is so far:
[see above image]
How did you get the quarz crystals to form these stars? Patience, like, letting them grow by themselves? Because whenever I place more than one on the same spot, they do combine, but not in that shape. Me = envious. ;)

For everybody: My little OCD-Gremlin kicked me and told me to do it, so I went and added icons for the "tiny fez/bowtie/tophat/glasses" and the advanced golems. I'll leave it here, in case someone using the JohnSmith texturepack wants them. =)
ss_core.png

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I had to do it. :D No spiffy designs yet, but an integrated Buildcraft[small diamond sorting behind the machines]+Thaumcraft[Transportation Minions]+Redpower[Retriever to get stuff upstairs] sorting system in my basement. I just LOVE the thought of dozens of minions in a murky dungeon below my well lit living room - doing all the hard work for me. ;)
Ignore the crystal chest in the front - thats a temporary solution, I'll add in a presorter next, that gets rid of any diamond/ruby/etc that's neither going to be macerated nor cooked in a furnace. Which of course means: Even MORE minions doing my bidding! Yay! :p

thaumsorter.jpg

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
Do those minions ever rise up? The advanced golems say such suspicious things that it makes me not want to use them...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
How did you get the quarz crystals to form these stars? Patience, like, letting them grow by themselves? Because whenever I place more than one on the same spot, they do combine, but not in that shape. Me = envious. ;)

For everybody: My little OCD-Gremlin kicked me and told me to do it, so I went and added icons for the "tiny fez/bowtie/tophat/glasses" and the advanced golems. I'll leave it here, in case someone using the JohnSmith texturepack wants them. =)
View attachment 925

place down a quartz crystal and right click it a few times with more quartz crystals held in your hands. you can add more crystals to the already placed crystal that way.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Basalt Pavers - sweet!

I REALLY like the location of your base. Do you mind sharing the seed?

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/merry-christmas-find.4821/

My base is at the coords in the second post.

If they are seed- based, you will have a view of 2 volcanos as well :)

You have to place them on a vertical side to get the star pattern, and place 3 in the same spot by right clicking 3 times with a stack of at least 3.

Reactions: un worry

CursedHalo

Jul 29, 2019
Obviously its not legit, but I really got lost in a "Hum.. what would a rather modern wizards lab look like" mood. Oh and I now know that I definately want to play around with the microblocks from RP quite some more. They're kind of a designers wet dream. ^^
QN33k.jpg
What texture pack are you using in these screenshots?

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
You have to place them on a vertical side to get the star pattern, and place 3 in the same spot by right clicking 3 times with a stack of at least 3.
Aye - that was the missing detail. I only tried placing them on a horizontal side. They do not form a star pattern then. Thank you for sharing.

What texture pack are you using in these screenshots?
Its JohnSmith32x - with a few personal tweaks done by me. =)

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a shot of my magic room. It's the second floor in a floating tower I built over a lake in an extreme hills biome. My aura's a bit low at the moment due to an experiment in using an infernal furnace to process ores from my quarry (note: it works great, but it burns through your aura like crazy). The TE stuff at the top is the bottom tip of my buildcraft power array. The floor is arcane wood blocks, the walls and floor details are towerwood planks and encased towerwood that I snagged from a dark tower in the twilight forest with my wand of equal trade.

Bastion Magic Room 2.png

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
If you're talking about the vortex looking thing, that is a magical node that can only be seen when wearing certain thaumcraft goggles.

I haven't quite gotten that far with my thaumcraft research so I'm not 100% sure what they are actually for haha.
They are the source of your magical power. And that looks like a dark node which is... an interesting choice. It's very much a hard mode kind of thaumcraft lab, but it also can yield superior results.