Problem What does this spammed Error mean?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NateSci

Jul 29, 2019
In my server log on my SMP I see this frequently spammed in the logs, it doesnt cause lag or crashes from what I can tell, however I would like to know if this is normal or a problem that needs to be fixed like the saplings in tubes + crystal chests bugs I had to fix a few days ago.

This is what is spammed about 15-20 times every so often.

[Server] WARNING API ERROR: ic2.core.block.machine.tileentity.TileEntityMacerator@13cace52 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

Thank you for your time.

-Cypher

NooBxGockeL

Jul 29, 2019
well not that harmless, it really sucks CPU and I/O Power, nearly every Error/warning is bad and should be tried to avoid.

BTT:
Its a IC2 bug you have to manually update to a recent IC2 build to fix it

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Grab the EnergyNet classes from the latest IC2 build and put them in the current one, then delete its META-INF. That way players won't need to update their IC2.

Reactions: Nessiroj

Wondrej

Jul 29, 2019
Grab the EnergyNet classes from the latest IC2 build and put them in the current one, then delete its META-INF. That way players won't need to update their IC2.
oh wow, thank you for this, I will try this, the spam in console is unbearable and noone seems to care that much.

Edit: where can I download the bugless version? I went to wiki.industrial-craft.net to download section and newest version is "1.111" but on the server there is 1.112 version, so I assume I need some of the development build but I haven't found the link for it, neither I know what version will suit the best.

Also should I coppy all 5 EnergyNet classes?

EDIT2: ok so I found the source of newer version, download updated as you said and it works much better, I still get some errors vrom LV/MV transformers, but its not so bad.

Tho I've read on the IC2 forums that it might be all caused by energy packet size and this solution only removes the console spam, but the problem presists

shakey2

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack v6 already has the latest IC2 1.112.170 and the console spam is still there and still annoying, I can't use commands from console while its spamming.

mrzpicklez

Jul 29, 2019
can someone tell me where to find the 1.112.181 version because the hoster that we are using says that the spam is what is crashing the server

EDIT: ok found the files. Installed them and I am still getting the same spam on the console... anyone have any ideas

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
can someone tell me where to find the 1.112.181 version because the hoster that we are using says that the spam is what is crashing the server

EDIT: ok found the files. Installed them and I am still getting the same spam on the console... anyone have any ideas

Have the same problem myself and haven't found a sollution yet. It's annoying yes, but atleast the server works ;)

Chinthor

Jul 29, 2019
Getting console spam myself.

[WARNING] [IC2] API ERROR: ic2.core.block.machine.tileentity.TileEntityRecycler@3dddc4d1 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

-*- this repeats non stop for four different recyclers -*-

Another forum blamed a similar error on forestry (their biogenerator was the target) but my grid has no forestry on it. If it helps, the spam stops if I turn on anything that draws a lot of juice from the system. Like my mass fabricator. I have a bank of geothermals charging a MFE and a MFSU. The MFE, through a transformer, powers the recyclers, a compressor, and extractor, and a macerator. The last three don't get much use, but the recyclers run almost non-stop. The MFSU powers the mass fab and a lapotronic charging plate.

I'm using the DW20 modpack v4 injected with Forge 486. No other changes. Was trying to work around the "entities through mystcraft portals causes crash" thing. This install doesn't have the mystcraft hotfix in it.

Hope that helps us get a solution. Cheers.

vemacs

Jul 29, 2019
This is causing a lot of I/O, and essentially renders the console unusable. We're getting this every game tick. Any help?

Wondrej

Jul 29, 2019
This is causing a lot of I/O, and essentially renders the console unusable. We're getting this every game tick. Any help?
temporarly solution until update comes up is right here in this topic, just read it!

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
worked like a charm for me, having 4gb of logs was insane. I downloaded the latest version i could find of ic2 (industrialcraft-2_1.112.184-lf) and just subbed all the energynet classes and deleted the meta-inf as nallar said. This will patch it untill the mod pack updates ic2. This error is fixed in .184.

/manu

nokbar

Jul 29, 2019
-rw-r--r-- 1 minecraft minecraft 37G Jan 26 22:58 ForgeModLoader-server-0.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 minecraft minecraft 3.4G Jan 25 23:38 ForgeModLoader-server-1.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 minecraft minecraft 69G Jan 25 21:01 ForgeModLoader-server-2.log

think 4 GB of logs is insane?

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
-rw-r--r-- 1 minecraft minecraft 37G Jan 26 22:58 ForgeModLoader-server-0.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 minecraft minecraft 3.4G Jan 25 23:38 ForgeModLoader-server-1.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 minecraft minecraft 69G Jan 25 21:01 ForgeModLoader-server-2.log

think 4 GB of logs is insane?

4gbs its insame m8, but this is not a size-peen contest hehe;), i guess you have many machines giving the error.

/Manu

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any suggestions on how to update IC2 to get rid of this in the new versions?

The last version I just deleted the IC2 mod and replaced it with the 184 but this time I can't seem to get the server to start when I do that. I get something saying ... cpw.mods.fml.common.MissingModsException

can you upload the whole log, FML is missing something but what is hard to say.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
Description: Exception in server tick loop

cpw.mods.fml.common.MissingModsException

Thats just thats he's missing 1 or multiple mods on starting.
if you could get 1 or 2 parts from startup / stop from the updating maybe we can something there. Althoug it has nothing to do with this topic could you make a new one?
*makes it easier for me and fellow helpfull members to find info incase other ppl have the same problem;)*

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
The debugspam i have myself on my server, causing it to crash every 12 hours (was 7 days before >.<), i still have to update my server, but normally wait a few days to do that. I can backup my server, move everything to my testserver and update there tonight when i get home (1730 CET) and see what happens