What do you consider cheating?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Don't like me? Put me on ignore. I really don't give even the tiniest fraction of a fuck about your opinion of me.

Growle

Jul 29, 2019
Lambert, It's almost impossible to ignore a gentleman creeper superimposed over a British flag. Although the tea leaves something to be desired...I think biscuits...

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I play on peaceful if the mood strikes me. I also don't mind getting a place set up before as I really don'e want to be dying before having a house but I have done it before. Well lemme be more clear. I rather have a bed. So peaceful before getting the bed then after I put it on normal.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
nanosuit is shit and not worth to make, iron enchanted is cheaper and gives more protection than that shit.

Hate to contradict you (actually I don't), but full nano gives 90% protection. A suit of full iron with protection IV on each piece gives on average 84% protection.

Besides, with the latest version of gravisuite you can combine an advanced jetpack and a nano chestplate into one - a poor man's gravichestplate if you like.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
I play on peaceful most of the time, Exept when I need to grind some mobs.
I cheat stuff back in if the game cheats them from me :p
I spawn my self the Notebook with all pages in. To save time simply.

Im thinking about turning mob griefing off and turn on keep inventory.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
I play on peaceful if the mood strikes me. I also don't mind getting a place set up before as I really don'e want to be dying before having a house but I have done it before. Well lemme be more clear. I rather have a bed. So peaceful before getting the bed then after I put it on normal.

I go a step further, I build my house in creative and then switch to survival. I have certain rules though about building my house, I can't have any mod items in there, vanilla only and nothing from the nether. Oh and nothing that would require mining anything more than cobblestone (so no houses made of diamond blocks for instance).

I know this is massively cheaty but whenever I try and build in Survival it goes horribly wrong and I end up with an ugly looking building.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that is cheaty. You are making a house first which is cool. Only question is do you have room to expand?

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Well in my current game I have the rather large house I built in creative, that has plenty of space inside and then after I switched to survival I've started building smaller houses near by when I need to expand, and as these are horrible ugly little houses the story in my head is that the large pretty house is my mine and then the small ugly houses belong to my servants/minions.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
I go a step further, I build my house in creative and then switch to survival. I have certain rules though about building my house, I can't have any mod items in there, vanilla only and nothing from the nether. Oh and nothing that would require mining anything more than cobblestone (so no houses made of diamond blocks for instance).

I know this is massively cheaty but whenever I try and build in Survival it goes horribly wrong and I end up with an ugly looking building.
I like that idea. I think I'll do that too.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Full stop! QA is an endgame armor and if you have Greg's awesome mod of death and destruction installed, it IS hard to get it.
Even with nanosuit it is possible to get killed in Nether, and that's not very hard to die there. At least on Hard.
And also, even if you have QA, your buildings do not.

- I'm invincible!
*PssssssssBOOM*
- Oh now! My awesome building of awesomeness!!!

I have my base fully fenced and lit up. It is 100% creeper-proof.

ANd even without qunatum armor, the last time I died in my world to a mob was... well, when I was still in vanilla content. Jetpack + Ranged weapon = dominance over almost any mob in the overworld.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Me? I'm a hardcore survivalist. I use Velocitan's Brutality config. And then cheat in a T5 Wither Skeleton shard to power a wall of cheated-in Generators; I don't know how anyone gets anything done with that config legitimately.

And, in DW20, any power source other than Sapling-fed Generators or Stirling Engines is soooooooooooooo OP. I avoid those at all costs.

Reactions: Hoff

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Me? I'm a hardcore survivalist. I use Velocitan's Brutality config. And then cheat in a T5 Wither Skeleton shard to power a wall of cheated-in Generators; I don't know how anyone gets anything done with that config legitimately.

And, in DW20, any power source other than Sapling-fed Generators or Stirling Engines is soooooooooooooo OP. I avoid those at all costs.
I quite literally hurt my head from laughing so hard.

Jul 29, 2019
I would agree that you can't "cheat" in SSP. Creative is a legitimate way to play the game, as is survival hardcore, and everything inbetween. To let a modpack define how you want to play makes no sense to me ("since FTB enables Gregtech hardmode, it must be cheating if I change that"). Many mods effectively make the game "easier" by offering automated mining, better storage, more tools, ore-multiplication, etc., so the focus shifts to being about engineering systems rather than tedious mining. It's about how you want to play.

To me cheating in a creative game like minecraft only applies in SMP if you're using hacks or exploiting a duplication glitch.

Mathias Hillesheim

Jul 29, 2019
"Cheating" for me is use a program to see other players through the wall and get some auto aim, LOL.

Seriously guys, stop thinking about things you can't do because "someone will tell me I'm cheating or what I'm doing is too op". Just play the way you like, just have fun.

Reactions: EternalDensity