What causes this lighting/illumination glitch?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zenkmander

Jul 29, 2019
That's very strange. I don't have the Barrels mod installed but have the same problem. Maybe it's the way that Barrels mod (and possibly other barrels) interact with other mods?

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
It's just the drivers from ATI. I had the same issue until I updated. I'm on 13.251-131206a-166151E-ATI and no longer have the issue. Can't remember what version it stopped, but I know I had issues on 12 for a while.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Its NOT (just) drivers. I have the latest nVidia drivers, and have had this problem over several video cards. So it spans ATi and nVidia.

After uninstalling Barrels... the problem has reoccurred in my warehouse that is extensively based on buildcraft pipes. Buildcraft and its transport pipes are really becoming to be the common denominator here. Some mods make the problem worse, but one has to be the core of the issue.

Grim Fandango

Dec 21, 2020
I suddenly started getting the exact issues you mentioned here while playing through PO3, with Optifine and Seus installed, but with the added annoyance of a sunny day suddenly looking like an overcast one, when looking in different directions. I found that it was the Botania mana pool causing the issue, and removing the pool fixed the problem. It does seem odd though, as on a previous playthrough I never got the lighting glitches when using the mana pools. There does seem to be some odd interactions with the pools and either Optifine or Seus shaders.