What are you listening to?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

blek

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty self-explanatory, I'd say.

Also, if you're into drum and bass, here's a liveset I've recorded recently, feedback is appreciated.

D

Deleted member 188

What am I listening too? Well there can only be one answer for that!

YEAH!​

SunVenus

Jul 29, 2019
Great stuff guys-- I'm going to check all of that out. :) (Although I am pretty familiar with The Who. Quadrophenia-- great album! Classic gold. Will give it a re-listen.)

I'm dull-- I listen to many, many lectures on history and such, and I'm listening to some audio books-- mainly classics. I just listened to "Catcher in the Rye" (was anyone else completely annoyed by Holden?) and "The Great Gatsby". I'm hoping to get Nabokov's "Lolita"-- I read it years ago, and I was blown away at how Nabakov can make such a vile subject compelling. Plus it reads like poetry-- what he does with words is amazing. Thomas Harris reminds me of Nabakov-- both can take ugly topics and use prose that is so pretty that it almost causes cognotive dissonace.

Obviously I am in need of music! :)

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Battlestar Galactica's soundtrack. With some sprinklings of Doctor Who in there somewhere (mostly the Doomsday Theme). Maybe I'll occasionally open iTunes and listen to the Mass Effect soundtrack, before the shuffle feature takes me to some distant and strange land that I nonetheless know very well.

blek

Jul 29, 2019
If you guys have time you should check out InMomentum's OST, it is absolutely fantastic.

Set

Jul 29, 2019
I like live music..(recorded and uploaded to Youtube)

Both crowds are amazing.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, finally a community where regular old Pop seems not to be dominant.
As for me, a broad spectrum variing from
Progressive Rock

over Power Metal

to Aggrotech/Hellectro (when I am having a bad day ;)).

That about sums it up, of course there are some more good bands and songs I listen to, but those are the main areas.