What are you building right now? (survival only)

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
it is awesome, I suppose it's okay that you're not doing it survival since it will be an adventure map, tho I mostly wanted survival 8p cool design too

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a little update on my bee area. I have 6 of the alvearies done, and working on the underground portion of the setup.

2013-09-02_18.48.19.png

Just some temporary storage while I get everything situated.

2013-09-02_18.48.32.png

A view from the other end. The chest on the bottom left is there to void anything I don't need. It's great for getting rid of the drones that I don't cross breed. You can also see the stairs down to the underground portion. I had a hard time figuring out where to put the stairs. I didn't leave room for them in my original layout. This was the best place I could fit them in and have it still look like I planned it. ;)

2013-09-02_18.48.49.png

Here is one of the entrance tunnels. Where you see wooden planks will eventually be filled in with alvearies as well. I will end up with 16 above ground and 16 below ground, plus a few set up for breeding and super production.

2013-09-02_18.49.04.png

The machine area of my bee building. On the left, bees get liquified into DNA. If the tank, machine and chest are all full of drones, the excess just get voided.

2013-09-02_18.49.29.png

The serum machines. Place any serums to fill and purify in the left chest, and they will automatically get pumped through the machines and placed in the output chest. I just realized as I posted this that I will need to move the purify down a space and add an additional gate condition to check for space available before trying to pump a serum vial in. Otherwise, I could end up losing a vial, and that would not be good. The serum multiplier is the slower of the machines, but if you put a partially filled vial in, it could be finished before the purifier completes.

2013-09-02_18.50.37.png

The underside of the pipes on the apiaries

2013-09-02_18.49.46.png

The entrance to the catacombs. This is where I will end up storing all the bees that aren't actively in use.

2013-09-02_18.50.08.png

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
cool stuffs dude! I like it, I've got to say you've got an eye for design there. The bees are hard to work on but I've beenable to minimize and specialize in what my group needs for materials so that's a cool design there, I may snag it for another world I build since I always make a long stretch of alvearies and not much design to what's in them.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
cool stuffs dude! I like it, I've got to say you've got an eye for design there. The bees are hard to work on but I've beenable to minimize and specialize in what my group needs for materials so that's a cool design there, I may snag it for another world I build since I always make a long stretch of alvearies and not much design to what's in them.

I've already figured out where to place dispensers (with a water bucket) and AE transition planes to automatically collect the flowers. Still working on a bit better power system for the bee area.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
nice. I actually have quite a nice alveary setup, best bees I have helping to produce metal for my factory.. I've used cyclonic assemblers to make the materials they produce, centrafuged from my main home. It's pretty nice since I got to the promised land..

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Going along with my bee area...

I've set up a small railway. (I've since added a world anchor cart.) This picks up all my bee products and ferries them over to my main base for processing. I'm using lava to feed a couple of magmatic engines to fill a REC and power my bee machines as needed. I don't have a screen shot of it, but I put my router and wall of barrels in reverse and am now pumping everything back out and into the item loader. This works a lot better than I thought it would, and it doesn't really cost a lot in resources. I will definitely look into starting with rails rather than an afterthought in my next world. One locomotive moves faster than I can sprint/fly with boots of the traveler.

2013-09-04_22.36.52.png

Reactions: Flipz

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
One locomotive moves faster than I can sprint/fly with boots of the traveler.

Really? That's...really impressive, actually.

I guess I'll have to fast-track the rail line plans I've had in motion for a while. [/rimshot] :p

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I actually just finished my Wizard's Tower, though it's a little less tower shaped than I originally intended.

My favorite view:

This micro LP system connects to my home AE network, which was less hassle than running cable all the way over.

Reactions: fergcraft

Mahex

Jul 29, 2019
Over the last couple of weeks I've been building a fantasy-style castle for my main base on my FTB Unleashed server.

Front view:

This is all done legit in survival. The main keep is using microblocks (to conserve space internally), while all the outside walls are done with solid quartz blocks. In total this project has taken 110+ stacks of quartz blocks, all mined manually (because I wanted a place to stay before starting to tech up). The project is still very much a WIP.

From the main gate:

My power system is run on cactus that is over time auto-crafted into blocks of coal coke. Because of the excess creosote that is produced, the system is self sufficient. It is not very fast, but I have plans on boosting it severely. I then run the blocks into TE steam engines that convert the energy into lava by melting netherrack in magma crucibles. Netherrack is supplied by a Tome of Alkahest, at the cost of redstone. Lava is run into force engines with milk throttle.

Cactus farm (quartz upgrade - because I had quartz readily available):

A sneak peek at the actual energy production (from an earlier date):

What it looks like now (not all engines are visible):

I also have a pretty interesting aerial faith plate / rubber sheet elevator system. A few more images are available at http://s1000.photobucket.com/user/0001sugra/media/2013-09-05_200558_zps1c5f56c8.png.html?sort=3&o=0.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Really? That's...really impressive, actually.

I guess I'll have to fast-track the rail line plans I've had in motion for a while. [/rimshot] :p

FYI, don't stand in the path of an oncoming locomotive. What happens in real life also happens in minecraft.