What are you building right now? (survival only)

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
As the title says, doesn't matter when you post but what you post, I wanna see what you guys are working on currently! I wanna see small builds, big builds, space builds, chicken builds, I wanna see everything AND THE KITCHEN SINK!

I wanna see anything! Making a squirrel meat farm? SHOW ME THE SOILENT SQUIRREL! Penguin catapaults? I wanna watch them fly! (I know dey got wings so no harm no fowl!) I wanna see everything you could possible build in survival!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm doing a few things right now. Mainly working on a sort of forbiden city theme base. Link in my sig. Also trying to come up with a better system in the vain of my Cactus to Coke build that stays as a zero input system. I'm thinking golems could kick it up a notch while keeping in zero fuel zero in put.

Reactions: RedBoss

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
sweet work dude, always love seeing your builds!

also why teh bawls wont the forums let me upload my pics... every single one wont post..

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, here is my current project. I'm making plans for my bee area. I plan on having 16 alvearies on the right hand side. Two 4x2 sections with a couple rows for automation between them, and a 3 wide walkway around the whole thing. On the west side, I will have my apiaries. The sand is where the apiary will go and the netherrack is where my frame indicator light will be. There is space behind each row for piping the extra products and drones to the underground processing facilities. If I end up needing/building additional alvearies, they will likely go underground.

2013-08-20_21.24.14.png
Here are the apiary bays. Each one holds 6 apiaries and I will have 5 bays like this for 30 total apiaries. The 6th bay will be configured for bee breeding.
2013-08-20_21.24.42.png
2013-08-20_21.25.06.png

And finally, the entrance. I'm still not quite sure what I want to do with this, but I will figure it out eventually.

2013-08-20_21.25.17.png

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
looks sweet dude, any influences on the design?

Well, I had bred the excited bee for the first time since I needed redstone, and found out that they produce lightning and fire. (I couldn't figure out why half of my wooden buildings were gone at first.) o_O Since most of my above ground structures in my main complex were made of wood, I needed to move my bees to an area I wouldn't destroy with some of the less than nice bee effects. I tried using bloodwood, since that was non-flammable, but I didn't really have enough of it, and didn't like how it looked with the other materials I had available to me. I thought about seared stone, but wanted arches, and there are no stairs for seared stone. :( So basically, my material of choice ended up being the standard stone bricks.

I will need some hefty bee production going forward to make chrome, so I wanted to have enough space for a few alvearies. I figured 16 would be enough. So, after laying out the space needed for them along with the space for pipes and a nice walkway around the whole set, I ended up with what you see in the pictures. I took the same space needed, and extended the building a bit to make room for the basic apiaries. I may be able to put the apiaries right next to each other, but not entirely sure how that will work with the lamp signalling and such. So 30 apiaries for the moment. Not really any specific influence for this build. really just more of a necessity. I won't have a lot of grass space when the build is complete, but will have some in the apiary bays. I am going to rig up a water system to clear out and "harvest" all the flowers from time to time for the dyes/recycler fodder.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kinda done with this season of FTB (Unleashed). Did everything I could think of that is worth doing. Including summoning the EndDraco 2nd time via BoP.

Might make a small world tour.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Working on a 30 story skyscraper at the moment...rather large build, including AE interfaces on every floor, elevators, power, etc. I'll post some pictures when I get home after work...it's not as far along as I'd like as I started working on the AE system instead of the building itself yesterday.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a few things going

In the 1.5.2 NGT + Added Mods server my friend runs occasionally we are building a huge space station and going to begin working on more tech stuff to put inside it.
I'm also setting up a modpack for a Lets Play I will be doing in the future. I'll be posting pictures of this build soon in the Community Showcase forum.
And I have been playing HC Vanilla on another friends' server, we just recently killed the wither twice, and killed the ender dragon. We aren't sure of what to do besides semi automated farms anymore. Our beacon is complete with all metal blocks.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking of finally adding a thaumcraft tower to my mountain base. Just working out where about's I want to put it and such :)

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking of finally adding a thaumcraft tower to my mountain base. Just working out where about's I want to put it and such :)

Coincidentally enough, I'm in the process of building a Thaumic workshop myself. Purple Force Brick works surprisingly well--it looks a lot like I imagine Thaumium Storage Blocks would (incidentally, Thaumium Storage Blocks need to be a thing ;) ). Chiseled Obsidian (from Tinker's Construct) complements the color well as a border, and the floor is going to be Large Blackstone Brick (I'm not sure what mod that one's from, I'd have to check). I'm toying with the idea of Natura fusewood as a trim.

I think I have a solid plan for the bottom floor, but the upper level's going to be harder--I want an open loft-like feeling (not a "second floor" so much as an open cupola), but I also plan to have some alvearies in there with the bees that clean Flux out of the atmosphere, so that between my alembics and the bees I'm leaving an absolutely minimal footprint on my aura. The problem, of course, is that the alvearies are rather obtrusive, both in size and in appearance (what I wouldn't give for alvearies that take the color of the wood they're made out of, the way Tinker's Construct/Natura does with most of their wooden blocks)...

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Large Blackstone Brick (I'm not sure what mod that one's from, I'd have to check).

That'd be Minefactory Reloaded :)

I'm not sure yet what I'll be using, the rest of my base follows a pattern on infernal stone, blood stained stone and quarried stone.. but I want this to be different, yet still recognizable as the same style... so yeah, not sure what I'll go for yet.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Fusewood gets a slab, but no stairs, and there's no special door for it, either. Disappointing, that. :/

Tip for farming it, though: it will grow in the Overworld, and if you remove the leaves first (i.e. via Force Mitts), the Lumber Axe can take it out without causing an explosion. Only problem is that you have to cut it down in 2-3 block segments, since the lumber axe's code needs leaves to find the "entire tree". (Don't try using a Lumber Axe on a fusewood with the leaves on, though--that'll cause an explosion AND destroy all the logs.)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I know fertilizer/bonemeal does not work with fusewood, but wonder if the mfr harvester will work with it. It will work with ghostwood just fine.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Niceness, anyone got screenies? I've tried to post my thaumcraft room but the server isn't liking me uploading videos, keeps coming back with "Error, cant post"

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Niceness, anyone got screenies? I've tried to post my thaumcraft room but the server isn't liking me uploading videos, keeps coming back with "Error, cant post"
I don't think you can upload videos directly to the site. They have to be linked from a video site like youtube. It will take pictures though.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Well... not FTB but modded Skyblock Survival. Name of the map is Sky Den, too lazy to search for the forum link.

Anyways here are some pics, haven't gotten very far, gonna redo some stuff, while I wait for that stupid cacti to grow >.<

In creative to take the pics, I play it legit ;)

Bit older, before I redid some stuff:
Oh yeah, no mobs in the monster tower because they do not spawn on half slabs that are on the upper half of the block
2013_08_20_16_04_01.jpg

After I redid some stuff:
From away
2013_08_23_02_19_01.jpg

Some storage
2013_08_23_02_19_26.jpg

More to come :'D

I play FTB Ultimate on a server, I might load that up later and take some pics

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
sorry mean screenshots, my brain derps when I see something while typing. It was taken directly from my DWbeta folder.. it did it with one pic but the rest it will not..

2013-08-22_20.43.04.png2013-08-22_20.43.54.png

Woot! for some reason it doesn't like to post all the time but they did! that's my thaumcraft room it's under the tower with a drawbridge for the door

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
(I know dey got wings so no harm no fowl!)

Hehe - did you spell foul that way on purpose, if so that was a mighty fine pun!

I am setting up my farms at the moment. I am getting Oak, Spruce and MFR rubber for trees, and my crops are wheat (for cow breeding, coming soon), carrots for pigs (also coming soon), cotton for cotton and barley for me. The unsightly building with the slanted roof is the small shelter at my sheep farm. I have 16 sheep of all different colours. Each sheep is managed by a sheering turtle controlled by a touchscreen computer (you can toggle all 16 turtles on and off, or at least you will when I have finished the program - I need to fix one tiny bug involving the redstone). In the small beach/desert biome I have a max size factorization solar array feeding steam into railcraft engines for 44 mj/t. This is supplemented by a couple of mekanism windmills. My goal is to have my farm be completely self-sustaining with all energy produced on site. There is no energy being tesseracted from my main base. Its organised by logistics pipes and soon I will be routing a load of wood to a solid fueled max sized hp boiler. I am also about to make a hydroelectric damn with engineer's toolkit. Currently I am finishing off a bioreactor (I am new to logistics pipes so its taking me awhile). I can't wait to get my other animal farms off the ground I had an awesome setup last time I did a world and I have a few ideas to make it better.

I was going to post pictures but I am getting an error too. Maybe later.