What are those flying imps/bats in the Nether?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

dc0110

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest fear with these is flailing around trying to kill them, and stepping off into a lava-ly death

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
if you have a jetpack, just fly up slightly and slash downwards, always works for me

dc0110

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not using a jet pack at the minute.
I'm getting set up with TE and forestry stuff at the minute, then I want to got on to Thaumcraft :D

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Then try to replicate the same on foot. if you sprint away they will home in on you (and usually go faster -.-') turn around and whack they should drop, but its a bit more time-precise.

dc0110

Jul 29, 2019
It's not too much of a problem at the minute, at least their drops are obtainable, unlike those pesky ghasts :)

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Flailing wildly with sword seems to work for me, they die in like one or two hits max, sometimes explode. Backpedaling into a corner works well.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
My problem is I flail about with my sword and accidentally hit zombie pigman in the process... then I'm screwed.

Reactions: dc0110

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Yep, Firebats. Just found it on the wiki before coming back here. Mostly I get hit with a lag spike just as they attack me which doesn't help. I was hoping that they would drop something useful, like maybe a small chance of a Blaze powder.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
You hear a firebat, get away from the edge. Those things are bastards. Impossible to kill without getting hit too if you can't run at max frames.

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, Firebats. Just found it on the wiki before coming back here. Mostly I get hit with a lag spike just as they attack me which doesn't help. I was hoping that they would drop something useful, like maybe a small chance of a Blaze powder.

Sadly no, but they do drop gunpowder and if you have gregtech and plan on using iridium ever, you will covet your gunpowder. Keep it secret, keep it safe.