What are the Worst crimes you have done in FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
i wonder if witchs count as villagers?... i mean they look like villagers.. and they heal themselves..

I don't think they count as villagers for this. Plus, if they did that would be a stupidly cheap emerald farm.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
i wonder if witchs count as villagers?... i mean they look like villagers.. and they heal themselves..
Alas they do not count, all they produce is a fluid called blood which is only used as far as I can tell to make one item (don't remember what though) and pig iron when it is combined with iron and liquid emerald.

Reactions: Padfoote

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Would Geostrata's Potion Crystals (Regen III) have enough range if you make a smeltery that's only one layer high with the crystals on top? Mmmm, so tempted to try that.

Reactions: nitezaw

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Would Geostrata's Potion Crystals (Regen III) have enough range if you make a smeltery that's only one layer high with the crystals on top? Mmmm, so tempted to try that.
Please do. I have yet to play with geostrata so I have no idea how those crystals work. Just make sure the villagers cannot escape the smelter

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
It wouldn't increase the effects to have more than one crystal because of n the way when is applied

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Mmm the recovery speed seems to be very fast but for some reason my smeltery doesnt dmg the villager ... not does it even dmg me .. something seems to be weird with the Monster 1.0.9 config

Edit: seems that there is now a nether smeltery and that it must be used for the villager thing. And yep, placing a Geostrata Magenta Potion Crystal right under the smeltery is sufficient to keep the villager alive (but suffering) eternally.

*grins evilly*

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
False, both smelteries work the same. The only difference between them is the materials they need and how they look.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
False, both smelteries work the same. The only difference between them is the materials they need and how they look.

Woa you are right, after relogging the normal smeltery works too now, I think that's because I didn't have enough molten iron in there the 1st time I tried.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Woa you are right, after relogging the normal smeltery works too now, I think that's because I didn't have enough molten iron in there the 1st time I tried.
yep that would do it, it requires molten metal to damage entities inside of it

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Not necessarily the amount that kills (the automated stuff runs off of a nugget's worth) but some people were reporting oddities with the damage when they had been replacing blocks, like when moving drains to different levels. Your relog might have just forced the smeltery to reform and begin working properly

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Rushed to the end on a server set up a mffs security system and stole every ones gear who came to the End (people usually go there in quantum)
I go there in iron armor and vanilla weapons. After each time you defeat the Ender Dragon, my third time, it becomes less awesome each time.

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019
There were those times I tested my explosives from ICBM. On the local villagers.

They used to have(long time ago, mind you) a Nuclear Grenade. Could not stop using them, as they were just so fun.

ICBM? No, I've never- Oh... THAT ICBM... Uh... (steps back, not looking at the giant crater that used to be a village) ... Sorry? I swear I didn't know that detonating 45 Antimatter Explosives via chunkloading and qCraft wireless Redstone would do that...