What age can I drink RedBull?

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
So my sister's textbook just came i our mail (she ordered in chegg.com) and when I look inside I saw a hulu plus code for one free month, 5 gum, and REDBULL! I search on the internet what age people should drink redbull and they said IDK. I was planning 24 stream so redbull is a good energy drink to help me trough the stream. I just turned 13 16 days ago. What age can I drink RedBull?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I very vocally oppose the drinking of Beer or Wine or anything having to do with Alcohol. I suggest you never drink it. I never have, I never will.

Reactions: dgdas9

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I very vocally oppose the drinking of Beer or Wine or anything having to do with Alcohol. I suggest you never drink it. I never have, I never will.

but red bull isnt alcoholic...

Technically, there is no age minimum to drink red bull, however, just like alcohol, it is very addicting and may be detrimental to your health. That's why I drink water and the occasional soft drink. Also, regarding your 24 hour stream, drink something containing caffeine, not as high concentration as an energy drink, but maybe coke or Iced Coffee (if you like it)

Reactions: Pokefenn

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
but red bull isnt alcoholic...

Technically, there is no age minimum to drink red bull, however, just like alcohol, it is very addicting and may be detrimental to your health. That's why I drink water and the occasional soft drink. Also, regarding your 24 hour stream, drink something containing caffeine, not as high concentration as an energy drink, but maybe coke or Iced Coffee (if you like it)
ok so energy drinks are not good for 24 hr streams. I see a lot of streamers drink energy drinks to get trough 24 hour streams.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
ok so energy drinks are not good for 24 hr streams. I see a lot of streamers drink energy drinks to get trough 24 hour streams.
I've seen lots of people snorting cocaine to get through college fraternity initiations. This doesn't make it a good idea. ;)

At your age, or anyone in general, I'd suggest just go with tea or coffee. And even use that in moderation. Caffeine is a stimulant and is addictive. Energy drinks also have silly amounts of sugar and other unregulated ingredients. As someone who drank them for a while, I recommend you don't start.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
So my sister's textbook just came i our mail (she ordered in chegg.com) and when I look inside I saw a hulu plus code for one free month, 5 gum, and REDBULL! I search on the internet what age people should drink redbull and they said IDK. I was planning 24 stream so redbull is a good energy drink to help me trough the stream. I just turned 13 16 days ago. What age can I drink RedBull?

In the Worst Country Ever, you can only drink coffee and any kind of energy drink if you are 14 or older. Don't know about the US/Canadaa/England though.

Even though this is completelly off-topic, I fully support your decision.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
At your age, or anyone in general, I'd suggest just go with tea or coffee. And even use that in moderation. Caffeine is a stimulant and is addictive. Energy drinks also have silly amounts of sugar and other unregulated ingredients. As someone who drank them for a while, I recommend you don't start.

As somebody who has had two simultaneous stomach ulcers as a direct result of a mix of stress + a 24 can-a-day high-caffeine high-sugar dependency, I very heartily encourage people to examine their decisions before going down the road of caffeine dependency. Just because it's legal and generally unregulated and highly available doesn't make it any safer. I've managed to decrease my dosages drastically, but it took many weeks of basically living in a dark room because of the headaches, nausea, and jitters involved.

Withdrawal from caffeine isn't any prettier just because you can buy it without a prescription or a dealer. All things in moderation, folks. =)

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019

So you are an expert? Moderate usage of alcohol for an adult person isn't bad. It is also quite natural in western cultures to drink alcohol in some social settings.

To the original question: you are 13 years old, ask your parents and not only search answer on the internet. One red bull won't hurt you, but don't think about it as a forbidden fruit. If you treat it like a drink to try, not as a stimulant (which you don't need) everything should be ok if you don't have any serious health problems. Like with many things in life the most important thing is moderation.

Edit: I just read about your plans for 24 hour stream. This is a bad idea and I seriously don't recommend also using Redbull for it. Long stream will be a lot worse for you than energy drink used separately.

Dr_appleman

Jul 29, 2019
You can always drink redbull but you should probably do a little more research about drinking that amount of caffeine, note that I know some stores don't sell energy drinks to people under the age of 15.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I'd probably have them regulated in the same manner as Alcohol, so in my country it'd be like 18. I actually think that a redbull is the stimulant equivalent to a beer of the same volume. Some parents reel at the prospect their kids might be drinking Pepsi...

It seems in society we have an aversion to depressant substances. Look at tobbaco sure it's regulated in many countries but if you are of age it's legal. Be the same age and get caught in public with a joint and watch you take a bit of jail time.
It's probably becasue nicotine keeps you working but cannabinoids don't (depending on the profession) so government wouldn't dream of banning cigs.

So yeah, stay off the caffine if you can, it's as bad to abuse as alcohol I recon.
"What age can I drink RedBull?" It's more of a question of "What age *should* I be drinking Redbull" becasue a 5 year old could down 6 cans before the seizures start lol.
Also 24 hour stream? lol why would you? who would watch one? Seriously I'm trying to imagine the kind of person who would enjoy that and am failing to picture anything human.

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
I'd probably have them regulated in the same manner as Alcohol, so in my country it'd be like 18. I actually think that a redbull is the stimulant equivalent to a beer of the same volume. Some parents reel at the prospect their kids might be drinking Pepsi...

It seems in society we have an aversion to depressant substances. Look at tobbaco sure it's regulated in many countries but if you are of age it's legal. Be the same age and get caught in public with a joint and watch you take a bit of jail time.
It's probably becasue nicotine keeps you working but cannabinoids don't (depending on the profession) so government wouldn't dream of banning cigs.

So yeah, stay off the caffine if you can, it's as bad to abuse as alcohol I recon.
"What age can I drink RedBull?" It's more of a question of "What age *should* I be drinking Redbull" becasue a 5 year old could down 6 cans before the seizures start lol.
Also 24 hour stream? lol why would you? who would watch one? Seriously I'm trying to imagine the kind of person who would enjoy that and am failing to picture anything human.
straymav made a 24 hour stream and a lot of his fans watch him playing ftb. A lot of streamers do 24 hour stream actually like swifty.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
straymav made a 24 hour stream and a lot of his fans watch him playing ftb. A lot of streamers do 24 hour stream actually like swifty.

I would advise you only do a 24 hour stream if you're capable of doing a 12-hour stream without help from caffeine or energy drinks. If you fall asleep before 12 hours have passed, you really shouldn't even try, you'll be causing unnecessary harm to yourself. Watching somebody incredibly tired do a stream isn't fun.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019

For them, it's their job. I'm guessing you are only doing this for fun, so I think you should test yourself without the help of sleep deprivers before attempting a 24 hour stream. Even without the help of sleep deprivers, it's not good for you.

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
For them, it's their job. I'm guessing you are only doing this for fun, so I think you should test yourself without the help of sleep deprivers before attempting a 24 hour stream. Even without the help of sleep deprivers, it's not good for you.
Actually it is for a charity name child's play :)

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019

IMHO, if you're healthy and fit in general you shouldn't need to resort to any energy drinks at all PLUS...if you need to ask, then it's probably a good idea not to use it :)

Aside form what's already been mentioned you should realise that drinks such as redbull (and iirc this is one of the milder energy drinks) contain a highly concentrated dose of caffein. I normally drink 3 cups of "strong" coffee a day; to put 1 can of redbull in perspective: iirc it has the equivalent of about 5 strong cups of coffee in 1 can.

Personally, I'd advise against going down that route and instead advise you to try adrenalin: nature's own "drug" ;)

Cheers,
Bel*.

P.S.: in addition to what someone mentioned before...caffein is indeed very addictive, possibly like alcohol and cannabis. Major difference, however, lies in that the withdrawal symptoms when coming off caffein are generally less bad than alcohol/cannabis (couple of days with headaches and you should be ok).

Reactions: PeggleFrank