Werewolf organisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Due to the recent string of werewolf game, I felt that a little bit of organisation for them was needed. This thread will be used to decide the order of who gets to be the GM of a game, and I'll be putting up some roles and such from each game. I won't bother to include mine, as it's a bit... crap.

Without further ado:

All rules will be decided by GMs, and will likely be unique to their game. However, there is arguably one rule which is the most important:
Do not, unless given explicit reasoning straight from the GM, post a screenshot of copy and paste from a PM. This happened a long while back, and it took all of the mystery out of the game.

1. Shazam (FINISHED)
  2. Vike (FINISHED)
  3. Staxed (FINISHED)
  4. SkeletonPunk (FINISHED)
  5. Shazam (FINISHED)
  6. Exedra (FINISHED)
  7. the_j485 (FINISHED)
  8. Mevansuto (DISCONTINUED)
  9. Goreae (FINISHED)
  10. Gideon (FINISHED)
  11. the_j485 (FINISHED)
  12. Nojr (FINISHED)
  13. RJS ( FINISHED)
  14. Jus2Beast (FINISHED)
  15. LivingAngryCheese(SIGN UP NOT STARTED)
  16. Trajing
  17. Vike

To get on this list:
You must be at least a half decent werewolf player. I will judge such.
You must ask here, and here only.

In a werewolf game, players are divided into 2 or more groups. These are generally "good guys" (villagers) and "bad guys" (wolves) although these names and their composition will vary from game to game. There will typically be an approximate ratio of 4 villagers to 1 wolf.

Players are usually assigned further into "roles". Roles can vary greatly from game to game, and frequently have "powers" or other rules assigned to them. Some standard examples include:
  • Seer: Every night can divine someone's true identity (Will message the GM (person running the game) and say "Tell me Bob's identity tonight")
  • Bodyguard: Can opt to protect a person from being killed at night, sometimes at risk of their own life (Will message the GM and say "Would like to protect Bob tonight")
Note that these roles may exist by different names or slightly varied rules. Additionally, there may be more than one player assigned to a given role (there may be two seers, or three bodyguards.) The players are not (usually) told beforehand how many of each role are present in the game.

When the game begins, the wolves all know who each other are. They will have a private conversation where they can coordinate and strategize with each other. The villagers on the other hand will have no idea who anyone is and must try to figure it out as the game proceeds.

Every day the town (villagers + wolves) have to vote on who they're going to lynch (kill, remove from game). The wolves are generally going to try to guide the voting so that a villager is lynched. The villagers will be trying to identify and lynch a wolf. This process involves a lot of bitching and arguing and lying and debating. Players will be having sneaky conversations pretending to be this role or that and generally trying to guide the voting their way.

At the same time, the wolves privately vote on one player to kill, who will typically (and obviously) tend to be a villager.

At the end of the 24 hour period, the GM goes over the day's activities. Depending on the rules, they'll tabulate the votes, kill someone via a lynch, kill someone via the wolves, and smite (kill) anyone caught breaking the rules. Then the next day starts. (A game day usually reflects a real-life day, and begins and ends at a time of the GM's choosing.)

The game ends when any preset victory conditions are met (all the wolves are dead, all the villagers are dead, etc).

Basic werewolf etiquette:
1) Bandwagoning is defined as voting for someone just because everyone else is doing it. Try and look at the evidence for yourself, and come to your own conclusions, before you vote.
2) Give reasons for voting. Don't just say "I vote for X", say "I vote for X because they acted like Y"
3) Don't vote in spite. For example, if X is trying to lynch Y, don't just vote for X because you don't like them.
4) If a GM says no ghosts, try not to ghost unnecessarily.
5) Don't just bluntly ask someone's role. Dumb move, and besides, they have no reason to trust you.
6) You act like a wolf, you die like a wolf ( as in saying "I'm going to bite you!" without naming names...).

Banned/temporarily banned list:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
This is those who have shown disregard for rules and/or a great disregard for basic etiquette. It can be temporary, up to three games long, then should it happen to you more than three times, it will be a complete ban. No participating GMs will allow you into their games. So far, we have never needed this, but I imagine there will come a time, soon.

Werewolf player of the game:
This will be decided by the GM of each game. This will be decided on sneakiness, good roleplaying, and being generally good at ratting out the wolves. I'll replace this with whoever Staxed decides after his game

Last edited:
Reactions: Staxed

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
This is not an application, but i just wanted to say i would rather much enjoy seeing someone make a zelda themed werewolf game. Maybe called something like "Wolfos". ALSO I'm a bit confused on what people are applying for, like, are they applying to be in the game or to be a game master in a game?

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Put me at #3...I need a bit of a break :)

@SkeletonPunk they are applied to be the Game Master of the next games (in order, so we know who had the next game, etc).

And the style of the game is up to the Game Master. I'll have a theme to some of mine every now and then...just haven't had time to make up the roles/etc for the one I want to do yet :).

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
I think we need a new role.
The License Guy.
Can once per game turn a villager into another villager role, by giving them a license to do so. Backlash if targeted at a werewolf (dunno what it would be, you tell me)

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
if it were zelda themed i would like to see a "link" class which has a one time move called "HYLIAN LAW" which basically means he can kill anyone he wants and if its a werewolf he gets toughness, BUT, if its a villager the godesses smite him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Added some basic etiquette, although I REALLY should not need to post that. Sadly, it has become necessary, without naming particular names.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I might have a go at GMing over the holidays, but I can't guarantee I will be there. My holidays is for the most part in July. So idk, fit me somewhere in there

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
So guys, the latest game is coming close to its end. We're going to need some GMs signing up. If nobody takes the first spot, I will, with a game of classic roles and such.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to GM soon, but I would need a crash course in the behind-the-scenes stuff. Things like role randomization, etc.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm new and a crappy player, but when you judge me to be a halfway decent player, sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.