Werewolf organisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I would love to GM soon, but I would need a crash course in the behind-the-scenes stuff. Things like role randomization, etc.
It's pretty simple:
Work out how many of the basic roles you need for the players you have. 20 players, for example, would be 4 werewolves, and 16 good guys, give or take roles like the bard or my Handsome Jack. This scales almost always, as with 10 players a healthy werewolf number is about 2.
Then, work out how many of each team will be non-powered. Werewolves, this is usually half/most of the team that are left with no powers. Good guys, usually half or the majority have a power.
Then, use a randomiser (just google search it) to work out who gets what power, not forgetting to account for mandatory roles like the priest. Finally, use the same thing to distribute items and special powers like mayor and copycat to players.
*Ta-da!*
And by the way, yes you're a good enough player Shazam :p

Reactions: Staxed and Shazam08

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, sign me up!

I could have the sign-up thread up by Thursday, assuming Staxed's game ends before then.

Reactions: Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, sign me up!

I could have the sign-up thread up by Thursday, assuming Staxed's game ends before then.

Mine "should" end today or tomorrow at the latest.

and to follow up what J said, I use random.org to randomize my lists.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Thanks Staxed. And guys, Shazam is now the next GM.

Shazam, if you need any help just contact someone like me, Staxed, or Goreae.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Shazam, if you need any help just contact someone like me, Staxed, or Goreae.

Okay, small question about the werewolves. From the start of the game, they:
  1. Know who the other werewolves are, and their specific roles
  2. Are in a convo with the other werewolves
  3. Know who all the "evil team" are
  4. Know the "evil team" 's specific roles (Sorcerer, Witch, etc)
Is that right?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Is that right?
Well if by evil team you mean the wolf team, then yeah.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Is that right?

Yup, however that is completely up to you.

For example, in the last game I ran, the other wolves did not know that there was a Rabid Wolf until he decided to tell them (so that he could transform people without worrying about asking everyone else if they wanted to). Of course, I was hoping he wouldn't tell them...but he did...lol, would make for an interested wolf convo when people start being infected instead of killed randomly >:)[DOUBLEPOST=1401729054][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do the "non-wolf" werewolves still get to vote in the nightly attack? In Staxed's game, this would be the Sorcerer and Witch roles.

That is up to you to decide.

The first time I ran a game with a sorcerer, I did not let them vote for the kill, the second game I did.

Reactions: Shazam08

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, one more question. This is for the GM's that have had games with multiple teams, like @goreae.

Should the third team (Criminals, CROST, etc.) know who each other are? Should they be in a convo together?

Also, should the wolves know the role of their dead victim if the priest is already dead?

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Alright, one more question. This is for the GM's that have had games with multiple teams, like @goreae.

Should the third team (Criminals, CROST, etc.) know who each other are? Should they be in a convo together?

Also, should the wolves know the role of their dead victim if the priest is already dead?
For a second team, it depends on what kind of thing you are going for. With CROST, they know who each other are because they work together to hopefully survive. They can only kill one other player. Them talking with each other allows them to strategize. Since their only methods of killing are the wasp and lynching, they have to plan out who to vote for in order to achieve their goals.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Alright guys, firstly, we need new GMs, and then failing any signing up, I will take a couple days to make a game I will host (hopefully better than my last one!) of simple werewolf with no fancy roles, no items, no abilities, just some standard roles. This will be to fill the gap between games. Staxed will be next, after me / whoever takes the GM place.

Secondly, I've met yet another of those most beloved lists, of people who are allowed to ghost and keep etiquette and rules upheld.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you understand what should be done in ghosting. IMO the only thing ghosts can do is provide a wrap up of who has voted. Anything else is cheating and the offending ghost should not win even if their team wins. Just saying...

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
May I reference where I said that GMs have to give permission as well? It's just as a minion to help keep up standards of rules and etiquette.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Etiquette shouldn't be forced. They are just tips on playing the game and you shouldn't be able to ask people about why they were not following etiquette. That is the player's job, not a dead person's job.

The only thing I recommend is changing the ghosting thing to a rule. It isn't cool and ruins the game and its really annoying... Anyone who gets caught ghosting in this game from now on. Will be banned from my game when it comes around. I have a zero tolerance for that stuff. ZERO

Also, I don't think Shazam accepted what he thought he accepted. I am fairly certain he only wants a minion to post updates on who is alive or not. That is fine in my books.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm with Vike on this one. Ghosting should only be posting updates on who is alive, not patrolling the thread for things that the players should be doing. It's not up to a ghost, or even the GM, to ask someone why they voted for someone...if they don't have a reason that's up to them...and the players decide what to make of that.

I also think the entire ghost section you added just needs to be removed. There is no reason for it. This is a game, it's supposed to be fun...not have more needless rules. Ghosting is up to the specific GM...there are no steadfast "rules" that everyone "must" follow.

Allowed ghost minions:
This is a list of people who, once dead, and so long as the GM is cool with it are allowed to still post once dead, but it must be in italics, and it can only be for the upkeep of rules and etiquette. You must ask to become one, and many will get rejected.

1) The_j485

Status
Not open for further replies.